Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add sources, see TV or Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I my gusto to delete my Video database for a clean start....I deleted an XML file that in the same folder.

I have recently just cleaned/renamed all of my video files and wanted to rescan completely...but now, when I go into XBMC, I have no TV or Movies options and going into the Videos section gives me nothing...no sources..no library...nothing.

It would be great if someone could help.

Thanks
Sorry I don't understand what you said but if you have any DVD or virtual drive in try removing them or you can add the sources through file manager and then go into video. Restart xbmc if you remove drives
Hi

I don't have any virtual drives. Filemanager doesn't come up and I can't add sources.

In the same folder as "MyVideos34.db" there was an XML file. I deleted the database and the XML file (in error)...the database gets recreated, but the XML file doesn't

I just downloaded the installer and extracted, but can't find it there either, so I presume it is created on first run?

Thanks
File manager is in the home screen under system or settings you press up or down depending on skin for file manager to show.
As I said...File Manager is not working

I am pretty sure that this XML file is the cause and need a copy of it if possible.

Thanks
Go into videos, and when you get the blank screen press the left arrow. With a bit of luck this will open the left pane and you can turn off library mode. Then add sources as usual.

As a last resort delete or rename the whole XBMC profile folder. When you next run XBMC it will start with the defaulkt settings.

JR
Thanks - Library Mode is not available. I will have to delete the profile folder I guess.

Not the end of the world, would have been nice just to rescan rather than completely setup again.

I am presuming you mean to delete the AppData\Roaming\XBMC folder? Or just delete the userdata folder from there?

Thanks
I would delete, or move, the whole AppData\Roaming\XBMC directory.

JR