Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stretching, Cropping and other wierdness during credits and videos with text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm really not sure how to describe this officially as I don't know the proper lingo.

Essentially I'm having a problem with xbmc stretching, cropping and doing other wierdness to the display when playing avi files. For the most part this only occurs during the credits but it does sometime occur during the movie/tv show if there is a lot of text on the screen. Sometimes the display will periodically morph into different aspect ratios during playback as well.

If anyone knows how to stop this from happening it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. This is kind of driving me nuts.

Thanks.
Hi
When watching a movie bring up the osd and in video options check if the "crop black bars" is check if it is uncheck it and see if that helps....
Wozza
Much obliged Wozza. That worked like a charm.

Thanks,
Hal
Np at all
Only thing you may notice is when playing a DVD with menu, you might get a very thing line down the bottom of the screen when the movie starts.It only happens here on a few dvd and maybe system specific ie never happens to you Smile
If it does happen just bring up the osd ~ video options and toggle the non liner stretch (on and off) that normally cleans up the screen.....
Wozza
Wozza_au Wrote:Hi
When watching a movie bring up the osd and in video options check if the "crop black bars" is check if it is uncheck it and see if that helps....
Wozza

I was just going to post the exact same questions thanks haljam & Wozza_au Cool