Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Error: RssFeeds.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!
I'm enjoying my XBMC Live, installed on my hard disk.
After changing the address to my RSS feed, the famous error popped out:
Quote:Error: RssFeeds.xml was either not found in the system, or does not contain parsable XML. try deleting it from your userdata folder and restartin...

...I really don't understand how a file can corrupt itself like this, but by the way I read some solutions on the net, but every solution involved the use of the GUI Sad
The most used solution consists in renaming the profile folder, letting XBMC starting from scratch (creating a new profile folder, since it can't find my renamed folder), copying from this new folder the xml needed and then deleting the new folder and re-renaming the previous one...but my question is: where can I find the profile folder in XBMC? Or is there another way to resolve this problem? Thank you all in advance! Big Grin
i bet you have put invalid xml in there. remember, certain chars needs escaping in xml such as &. show us the xml.
Hi spiff, thank you for you answer!
The address I'm trying to add is the google news feed:
http://news.google.it/news?pz=1&cf=all&n...output=rss
and I didn't know at all that I had to escape special chars! This should be set in automatic when you add a new stream for noobs like me.. Big Grin Big Grin
anyway, where does the rssfeed.xml sits? I read that it's not the one in .xbmc....and how should I edit the google rss feed ( written above)?Which chars I need to escape?
Thank you very much!

PS: this is my .xbmc/userdata/RssFeeds.xml (I deleted the standard xbmc feed):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
<set id="1">
</set>
</rssfeeds>
</xml>
I managed it to work spiff! Laugh
The problem was as you said the & char...I just changed & in &amp; (and restarted) and it all now works perfectly! Thank you very very much!!!!! Wink