Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: apple TC + Xbmc - I need to understand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry guys, I'm considered a new member and would like to understand best practicies regarding apple TV 2 and its usage. I have Apple TV configured and connected to my TV. Lots of links work BUT most don't. I'm trying to understand why? Can someone teach me how to use this unit and get most of it? Thanks ahead for your help.
Something about the best connection setup between Apple TV2 and Time Capsule is being discussed in this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111974

I have a setup with ATV2 and TC through WiFi 802.11n 5GHz, but the performance depends a lot on the air traffic in your area... You can also choose for a direct Ethernet connection, but ATV2 interface is limited to 100 Mbps.

After defining the connection you need to add the source in ATV2 of your movies stored in TC or other network drive, you need to input using SMB the name of the TC in the network and the path of the folder in TC.
Wow - now I just need to become familiar with these technical terms. Please remember that I'm new to this and need to understand basic knowledge prior to moving up the ladder. Thanks for your feedback.