Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No music library - I'm dumb & need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I like to think of myself as fairly close to smart, and a person who can read and follow instructions, but clearly I have missed my goal with XBMC. I have searched the FAQs, wiki and forum but with nothing to show.

At this point my primary focus is just music (which seams to be the easy part that has not caused others issues). Just like the subject says I only get the file version of xbmc for playing my music. I have no option of scanning my music. All I get is a greyed out "Library Mode"

Background info. Running Windows setup with a server sharing a few network folders for media. I have tagged my music with Mp3Tag v2.49. It is organized in folders by artist - album - disk (if required). The running OS is Win 7 Util.

Not sure what details I am leaving out but I will definitely be able to answer question. Please help. Thank you

Albert
Once you have added your music source you need to bring up the context menu on the source and choose 'Scan item to library' then go make yourself a few cups of tea while it does its job. After that you should be able to enable library mode.
Ah yes now i see how poor I follow instructions. I was misunderstanding the context menu. thank you.