Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Manager for Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I tried searching this sub forum and found a lot of different programs for what I want, but none of them are available for linux Sad

What I want it's something like Sick Beard but for movies. Tried Couch Potato but what I want more is the scrapping functionality, creating the nfo, poster, etc, for XBMC. Really don't care about torrent/usenet auto download functionality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
install wine on your linux box and run Ember Media Manager
Thanks! I'll try it
CouchPotato will create just enough of a NFO that XBMC will scrape it just fine. If you want it re-exported as a full NFO, just do that.
darkscout Wrote:CouchPotato will create just enough of a NFO that XBMC will scrape it just fine. If you want it re-exported as a full NFO, just do that.

And how to do that? I couldn't find a way to add movies to Couchpotato like in Sickbeard. I don't want to add one by one
Tried Ember Media Manager with wine (couldn't install .net 3.5, always fail) and tried in a Virtual Box Machine and it says that isn't a valid win32 application Sad
gordoyuri Wrote:And how to do that? I couldn't find a way to add movies to Couchpotato like in Sickbeard. I don't want to add one by one

afaik CP can only post-process files it downloads...or atleast files it thinks it downloaded...so they would need to be added to its post-process folder for it to process them.
Maybe you should explain what you really want to do if its going to scrape artwork automatically then I really see no reason to use a media manager in the first place just use XBMC to scrape everything then if you want to make changes use XWMM as it runs in your browser its perfect for linux

By media manager I mean something like Ember or Media Companion I personally wouldn't refer to Couch Potato as a media manager its not something I would install to manage my current library
>>X<<' Wrote:Maybe you should explain what you really want to do if its going to scrape artwork automatically then I really see no reason to use a media manager in the first place just use XBMC to scrape everything then if you want to make changes use XWMM as it runs in your browser its perfect for linux

By media manager I mean something like Ember or Media Companion I personally wouldn't refer to Couch Potato as a media manager its not something I would install to manage my current library

I did that and ended in a lot of shit entries in XBMC. I have a lot of old not 'mainstream' movies and want to have the proper NFO for each one.

Seems that the best option at the moment is write my own program for Linux.
Sorry i'm not of any help but i'm also looking for something that does exactly what the OP wants. Something that can run on the remote server and handle all the scraping just like sick beard. Manual post processing in sickbeard has been a god send for me!
isamu.dragon Wrote:install wine on your linux box and run Ember Media Manager

Did you ever tried this? Seems that is impossible to install .net 3.5 which is needed by Ember...