Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Accessing XBMC Library on another XBMC (On same Network)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently running XBMC in my main room and XBMC in my bedroom. All the media is stored on HDDs connected to the one in the main room. When I go in to my bedroom at night I have to go "File manager" then log in through the media center via a connection I've made.

This works... it works fine.... but I don't get to browse the library as I get to do in the main room. How can I have the library files directly connected to the files in the main room?

Basically I want to go to "TV Shows" and have all the backgrounds and when I click a file it loads a file off one of the HDDs in the main room.

Ideas?
There's a write-up in the how-to section that details sharing a common library between two or more XBMC systems. That would work for you, it does require a bit of work though. The nice thing is that you can stop watching a show on one and resume from that point on another.

Alternatively you can just add all the sources to the second one just as they are added to the first. What you watched won't stay in sync, but the shows will be there.
I'll search around for this thread, if anyone else finds it... feel free to post it here...

I will if I find it.
It's also now in the wiki.
When I try to scan the folder it doesn't find anything... but I can access it through file manager.... I'm really confused about how I can get this to work.

Can anyone link me to the wiki.... or somewhere that explains how to do this....

Running an XBMCLive on an Acer Aspire Revo can I run MySQL to try and sync the rooms?
You can't find the Wiki? You can't go to xbmc.org and hover over "Support" and click "Wiki"?

[url=http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Synchronize_Multiple_XBMCs]Here's[/i] a link to the Wiki article. You'll need a centralized MySQL installation and work from there.