Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stacking not working Pre Eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests I cannot stack any movies since I moved into the nightly builds (current one is Oct 30th). Before on Dharma 10.1 I had no issues with this feature. Someone please enlighten me if this is a known issue with these builds or they changed the naming convention. I can't go back to Dharma mainly skin related.

I tried renaming them 1/2 dozen times to no effect.
example: moviename.cd1, moviename.cd2, moviename.part1, moviename.part2
etc.

It's driving me Angry

thanks for any help.
Isn't it moviename-cd1.ext?
Hitcher Wrote:Isn't it moviename-cd1.ext?

Tried this already, no effect. It only recognizes the first video but not second part.

Something changed in the pre Eden builds regarding split files, maybe in the menu settings, don't know?? :confused2:

I will add this occurs in Library mode. If I delete the movie in the library and go into Files without updating the movie information the movie will play/recognize both parts but once I retrieve the meta data and consequently add the movie to the Library part B goes missing.
It goes missing as in it's not listed or it goes missing as in it doesn't play after the first part? If it's the former that's the correct way.
Hitcher Wrote:It goes missing as in it's not listed or it goes missing as in it doesn't play after the first part? If it's the former that's the correct way.

Hi Hitch,

It goes missing on both, the movie is close to 2 hrs, the first part is 56 mins and change the second is 59 mins, when i add it to the library only the first part will show and play for 56 mins, when it reaches the end of the first part it does not play the second part, the movie finishes. I can see it only recognizes the first part as when I hit the Info button on my remote the total time of the movie is displayed showing only 56 mins.

If I don't add it to the Library I play the movie in File mode I see the total time display of the movie correctly as 1hr and 54 mins etc.

Something is broken when I try to add it to the Library.

I am using the Pre Eden build oct 30th, Skin Aeon MQ3 version 1.0 latest.
I have mine as moviename CD1.ext and moviename CD2.ext
Also using nightly from 30 Oct, no playback issues as both load
I think i managed to solve this by purging the skin and redo all my settings, then went into the video and select change content, then unselect "this movie contains one single video" then get movie profile then fast forward the movie until I reach part 2. Using this roundabout method the movie in the Library now shows part 1 and 2.

Thanks for the input hope this helps someone in similar predicament. Shocked
You have to select Confluence as skin, change the value of stack in a list view and then go back to your preferred skin...