Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu, Samba and my ATV2 not getting along
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm not sure if this belongs in the IOS forum or the linux forum but I thought I would start here. I have an Ubuntu powered HTPC/media server with two samba shares set up. I have one share set up on the internal hard drive and another set up on a usb external 2tb drive. My ATV2 works very nicely with the internal drive share and has no trouble connecting/streaming etc.

The usb drive is another story. If I try to browse to it directly I get an error 2 code "Share not available" message. I created a symlink to it in the internal drive share and when I try to browse to it that way I get a pop up asking for my user name/password. If I enter those it doesn't do anything.

Here is my smb.conf file:

Code:
[global]
   workgroup = HOME
   security = share

[data]
   comment = Shared Drive
   path = /export/
   writable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   create mask = 0775

[movies]
   comment = Movies
   path = /media/Expansion\ Drive/Movies
   browsable = yes
   read only = no
   guest ok = yes
   create mask = 0775

I installed ntfs-config on the server that allows modifying of the usb permissions for the directories on the usb drive and those are now owned by root. Maybe this is the problem? I'm running out of ideas here and appreciate any suggestios you have.