Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is XBMC Weather broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I downloaded a new copy of XBMC (V10.1 GITE9E9099) yesterday just to confirm. The integrated weather app in the main menu always has completely empty values. I can search for my city, but even when updating manually, nothing happens. I'm connected to the internet without a problem and scraping and youtube video source works fine. Anyone else with this problem?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggh !"#!"#
I tried searching the first 5 pages of the help and support forum, but couldn't find anything. When I do a "Select Location" in the weather sub menu, it says "busy" for a second and then goes back to nothing.
yes, it's broken.
yes, there's more than one thread on it, eg http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112798

yes, we're working on it. yes, leave us alone now please Wink
hahahahahah spiff you makin me laugh....out loud even....
ROFL! Don't be put off riaanc. There are just a tonne of these questions since weather.com changed their API or somethin. Smile

I'm hoping weather gets taken out of XBMC altogether and its just left as an addon. Though dunno if that will be the case for Eden as it's on a soft freeze already.
DJVege Wrote:ROFL! Don't be put off riaanc. There are just a tonne of these questions since weather.com changed their API or somethin. Smile

I'm hoping weather gets taken out of XBMC altogether and its just left as an addon. Though dunno if that will be the case for Eden as it's on a soft freeze already.
In truth... I'll give a thumbs up for weather as an add-on, it is a nice addition but should be a choice (well I guess some skins you can disable the front end).
Humble suggestion: what about an announcement on the forums and on the homepage? This is system agnostic and it concerns all users.
ashlar Wrote:Humble suggestion: what about an announcement on the forums and on the homepage? This is system agnostic and it concerns all users.

I support this.

Dedicating a small area on the frontpage for the staus of default enabled features would be great (tv/movie scraper, weather etc).
This isnt the first time features have been broken because a third-party is changing api and it wouldnt be the last.

Suggestion:
Create a page with simple health status and create stickythreads that readers can be directed to.
There is no threads visible on page 1 in the general help section saying that weather is broken, a development section isnt a place for general information!

..and someone buy spiff som flowers.. please Wink
DJVege Wrote:Though dunno if that will be the case for Eden as it's on a soft freeze already.
Technically they are in feature-freeze, which prohibits the addition of new features, but removing them... that should still be allowed Wink
ubuntu 10.10
xbmc 10.1 git unknown Mar 9 2011

Currently weather weatherplus.v.2.7.2.eden-pre works just fine. when I shut down/suspend xbmc and restart, the weatherplus addon updates to the latest version.

That's when it stops working, I need to re-install add-on from zip and everything is great again.
So disable auto update or upgrade to eden beta 1.

The devs fixed weather for pre-eden, but stated (paraphrasing here) that it wasn't worth messing with Dharma as Eden is (for all intents and purposes) here. If you have weather working at all in Dharma, then you're lucky but basically unsupported (unless an addon dev wants to deal with it for you).
Lmao Spiff
j114 Wrote:So disable auto update or upgrade to eden beta 1.

The devs fixed weather for pre-eden, but stated (paraphrasing here) that it wasn't worth messing with Dharma as Eden is (for all intents and purposes) here. If you have weather working at all in Dharma, then you're lucky but basically unsupported (unless an addon dev wants to deal with it for you).

Not really lucky, just followed the excellent initial instructions that I believe Spiff supplied with the weather addon in question.

j114 Wrote:So disable auto update or upgrade to eden beta 1

For a single user with one htpc that is a viable option and I use it frequently to test new features functions. But when you have multiple htpc's with family scattered accross the US it becomes a formabile task.

j114 Wrote:Eden is (for all intents and purposes) here

Where can I get the current stable release of Eden? If so I will try it out, although Eden would require not only a complete new install, but complete new plugins/addons setup (If all addons have been updated to support Eden). Which again is a major task for updating family htpc's.

Everything except for the updating weather addon is working perfectly. Maybe a possible future remedy/fix would be to have each addon in its settings menu have a switch to auto update yes or no. That way you could control whcih addons would have auto updates, addons that require frequent updates rather than a global update option. (To also include skins, like Aeon MQ2)
Pages: 1 2