Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple files manipulation in "Now Playing" list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want to select multiple files in the "Now Playing" list and do some manipulation with the selection: delete the selected tracks (from the list, not from the storage media), move up/down.

I couldn't find any way to do it. I could find only how to delete tracks one by one by adding a section like this in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

<MyMusicPlaylist>
<keyboard>
<zero>Delete</zero>
</keyboard>
</MyMusicPlaylist>

If I add a line like this

<one>Highlight</one>

it doesn't seem to be working, it looks like the "Highlight" function is not implemented in the "now Playing" list.

Two more things:
- if I click on a song from "Playing Now" and there are duplicates, it looks like they are highlighted (if I click while pressing the shift key)
- if I type "m" I get the OSD controls. Is there any shortcut to go directly to the "Playing Now" list? It looks to me quite a handy functionality, otherwise I have to go back to Music -> context-menu -> now-playing which can be quite a long path.

Thank you all for the best media centere ever.
(using 10.1, confluence skin)
Please, could someone help ?
I don't think the Playlist Editor supports the highlight action, so the only way to remove tracks is one at a time.

The action to open the now playing playlist is "ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)" and you can map a key of your choice to this e.g.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <space mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)</space>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

maps ctrl-space to open the now playing playlist. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for info on key mappings. If you use Windows the easiest way to create/modify key mappings is with the KeyMapEdit applet from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/.

JR
Hi, thanks for the help. I tested and the CTRL+SPACE tip works nicely. Too bad though there's no highlight action for the playlist. Why I need it: let's say I want to queue 2 folders with 10 songs each, out of which 4 of them I don't like at all and I want to remove from the list. I would have liked to be able to just select them, and then remove all of them in one go.
Thanks anyway.