Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Progress Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched but cannot find this discussed. I am using Neon skin.

When you pause XBMC without using the mouse, it shows an info-bar on the bottom containing Title+Year on Left, Details+Picture on right, and a progress-bar across the bottom (see pic below)

When you move the mouse however, all that disappears and you instead get the top control-bar with many round buttons to click (including FF/REW). Is there anyway to have the bottom info-bar ALSO appear when ever you move the mouse, AND allow seeking via clicking on the progress-bar or dragging the progress circle? I HATE using FF/REW buttons!

EDIT: I also would like to pause the video with a single mouse click, which I did find discussed when searching, but the guy in the other thread said it was not currently possible. If XBMC could pause on click and have a seek-bar, I could use it as my default player instead of MPC-HC. Without those 2 features, using XBMC as a player is too frustrating when I want to FF/REW or pause quickly using only the mouse! Ideally Double-Click should also change between fullscreen/windowed, but I guess I can live with only Alt-Enter for that (the mousable seek-bar is the #1 deal breaker for me)

Most of your questions are a skin issue, not XBMC and some skins behave differently in regards to how the pause and OSD is implemented. If you use a mouse to manipulate, the mouse wheel can be used for quick scrubbing along the video and a keyboard 'space bar' pauses quickly. I'm not going to try to 'sell' you on using XBMC, from my point of view all the extras and ease of use are enough to think about XBMC as my main media center and uses most of the open source algorithms that mpc uses.

If you can't find a comfortable skin, you can still enjoy all the extras XBMC offers with an external media player including your favourite. But I would try a few more popular skins.. some offer disabling of the control menu's entirely.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...r-in-xbmc/
In Eden it's possible to configure the mouse actions in the same way you can configure keyboard/remote actions, so you can have a single click do pause and a double click do full screen <--> windowed.

JR
Thanks for the info. I'm a long time XBMC user, for when I have someone over and want to show it off. When alone, I use explorer and just double click what I want to watch and play it with MPC-HC (or VLC on the rare occasion MPC has some stupid subtitle issue or something).

I'd like to use XBMC always. I have tried many of the skins available through the in-XBMC skin-browser/downloader. Neon (previously Night) is by far my favorite. I just wish I could drag a seek-bar using it, and since a seek-bar appears if you pause and do not use the mouse, it is very frustrating that as soon as you move the mouse that seek bar disappears and cannot be dragged.

I have been a programmer/skinner for other CarPC programs, just no vast XBMC experience (editing xml files) of yet. If anyone can tell me how I could modify Neon to allow me to mouse a seek-bar (or just point me in the right direction), I'd appreciate it. (I'm surprise no one has already done it and shared a modded Neon skin)

EDIT: Thanks for the links! Using MPC as an external player might be the best option. Still, the built-in player would be perfect with 3 changes:
1) Single click on moving video pauses
2) Double click on moving video changes fullscreen/windowed
3) Seek-bar always shows with mouse and is clickable/dragable.
If you use a nightly build, or wait for the Eden beta, the seek bar is clickable. To remap the mouse in Eden (this *won't* work in Dharma) press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

and click OK, and when Notepad asks if you want to create a new file answer Yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <doubleclick>ToggleFullScreen</doubleclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>pause</leftclick>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>