Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Renamer / Extension Changer. Batch Type Like Tuneup Media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EVERYTHING I POST HERE HAS A SEPERATE DRIVE. This saves me putting C: / D: in every predicament Tongue

Ok guys this seems to be a rather long wall of text so to expect to be critted for around 2000 Life points. Now theres around 5 things i want to ask. And wondering if any of you know the best options / workarounds.

1.What is the best way to have my Movies / Music / TV Shows Oganised?
At the minute i have this. Also all my Movies are just called ****.mkv or ***.m2ts. Is there anything decent which will actually rename these to something worthwhile? And legitamate to read.

'HD Movies' > *Movie Folder Name* > Movie
Followed in suit by 100's of Movie folder names in the HD Movie section

'SD Movies' > *Movie Folder Name* > Movie

'Anime' > Movie Folder > Movie

Is there a way i can make this look a little better? I only have it this way as it looks tastier in my drive.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now my Music is ALLover the shop name wise. And i mean all over the shop. I have seen a wonderous program called Tuneup Media. But i am NOT Paying 50$ for something ill use hardly ever. Im wondering if there is anything that can go through my MUSIC HDD and Find the wrong named songs for example 'track 1 , track 2' and rename?

Again though my Music HDD is i think done in the wrong format. I have it set for Artist , then there discography then there song. So Heres an example.

'30 Seconds To Mars' > * 5 Albums * Each Aptly named > Inside Each Album = Song title.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My TV Shows i have finally finished i Dont care there in seperate folders as there for my eyes only. And THERENAMER did a great job.

Now i know this is NOTHING To do with XBMC but in songbird and Itunes some of my albums will have each song posted twice. Is there any reason for this?

In summary:

Better way to get movies sorted? Fanart / Pictures showing properly due to properly named movies.

Music Renamed / Scraped and reordered. I have TO MUCH to do myself. Any advice would eb lovely. I have backed up 1tb of data atm incase of messups.
I can only speak for your movies, but the way you have them setup is pretty close to what I have, which is perfect for xbmc. I have: 'movie name (year)' You are close, but I see year is not always in brackets. Also, not sure if have the resolution as part of the file name will affect the scrapper. Personally, I'd get rid of the resolution.

You could also get rid of the SD and HD folders and put them all into a Movies folder. If tagged properly, xbmc will let you know what is SD and what is HD. You could also use smart playlists to actually seperate SD from HD if that is what you are trying to achieve.

But, again, you can keep SD and HD and be fine.

It terms of renaming the movie files - any good tagger should do that for you. Many use Ember. I prefer MetaBrowser. I have it configured to name the file the same as the movie. So folder name would be: There Will Be Blood (2007) and file name would be There.Will.Be.Blood.mkv

The tagger should be able to rename your folder as well. Not sure about Ember, but MetaBrowser has mass tag functionality.

Of course the tagger will also get you the proper fan art, movie covers, etc.
For your music you may need to spend a bit of time on it. XBMC uses the media tag information to populate the library and not the file structure on your hard drive. Check out the wiki for how to set up your media and look into a couple of free tagging programs to get you started. I hear mp3tag is popular.

There have also been a few recent posts about how to correctly tag music. Have a scan of the forums to see if you can find these. Pay particular attention as to how you set up your compilation albums.