Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] Netflix wants to open "browser window" to authorize... doesn't work on ATV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got XBMC installed and working on my AppleTV1 (1st gen). I get to the netflix app and configure it (the only options are to set it to run on "OSX") but when I try to load any netflix content, I first get a dialog that says

"After you have linked xbmcflick in netflix. Click OK after you finished the link in your browser window"

After that, I get an error in the bottom of my screen that says "Script failed! plugin video.xbmcflicks"

How am I supposed to proceed when the appleTV doesn't have a browser for me to launch and authorize with?

I've tried googling the error, but haven't found a solution. Is it possible to have XBMC on an AppleTV1 working with Netflix, or will it not work since there is no browser?
The Netflix add-on for XBMC simply launches a browser to actually play Netflix content back, not just to authorize. It does not play back Netflix itself. It is possible to install Silverlight and Firefox on the ATV1, but Netflix playback is pretty bad because the CPU doesn't have enough umph.
Okay, thanks for the help. I had hoped to get Netflix on this ATV1, but looks like it's not gonna happen. Thanks Laugh
Is it possible to install Silverlight?
Could you please explain "step by step" how to do it?

Thanks,
Mariusz
google knows
Marriu Wrote:Is it possible to install Silverlight?
Could you please explain "step by step" how to do it?

Thanks,
Mariusz

I've never done it myself, but have only heard about other people's efforts. The end result wasn't that great, they said. Some SD content was watchable, but that's it.

The best hope for the ATV1 is to install a Linux based OS and wait for the planned Linux Netflix client (which has no ETA).