Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm pretty lost setting up sharing/streaming on XBMC,

I'm having trouble configuring the uPnP sharing on my XBMC. I tried XBMC wiki but theres no post that explains setting up streaming from PC to MAC :confused2:

I want to stream movies from my XBMC (PC -windows Vista 32bit) to my Macbook pro (Lion) XBMC.

Answers will very much be appreciated
I don't think any configuring is needed. Just go to System settings, Network, Services and enable "Share music and video libraries through UPnP". uPnP clients should automatically find XBMC.

Note that XBMC will only share media through uPnP if the media has been scanned into the library.

JR
Success! thanks, wasn't really that hard but I only can see them in my videos tab.

There's no Movie or Tv show tab and when I scan with my imdb and tvdb scraper.

It doesn't read the Movies. There's a pop up saying something in the lines of "could not read or download information for movie, do you wish to continue"

Any idea how to solve this?
Generally speaking, if XBMC displays a "could not connect" message when scraping it means XBMC ran into a problem trying to connect to a web server. If you enable debug logging then the debug log will show exactly what the error was, but if the problem is at the web server end there's not a lot we can do about it.

If you want to look at the debug log, enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Do a scan, then after you've got an error close XBMC again.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. If you want us to have a look at it copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Just share the files from within Windows using SMB. That way you don't even need to have XBMC running on your Windows machine to watch videos on the Mac.