Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't find the add network location option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

I'm trying to configure XBMC to work as a UPnP server. So far, I can see XBMC on my Xbox, but the Video folder is empty (my added folders does not appear). I tried to add Video Source and I follow this instructions : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=UPn...es_in_XBMC

Howerver, I can't find the "add network option" that should enable the UPnP for this folders.

Anyone can give me a hand ?

Thanks

(I'm on Mac OS 10.7 with XBMC 10.1 release, I've tried also with my Blu-ray DLNA, but the Video folders stays empty).
Are you trying to use the XBMC on the XBox as the uPnP server and XBMC on the Mac as the uPnP client? If so, on the Mac you select Add source, and in the Add Video source dialog click Browse then in the list select "uPnP Devices" (you probably need to scroll the list down to see this option).

I don't know how you enable the uPnP server on the XBox version of XBMC, but I'd guess it's from System settings, Network.

JR
Do you have an XBox or a XBox360? Just to be clear your media is all on the Mac and you want to access it via the XBox and you are NOT running XBMC on the XBOX. Although I'm running the Linux version and have a 360 the process should be the same. In order for uPnP to work a few things need to be done. A video source needs to be created in XBMC, media type selected (TV/Movies), and the scraper selected. The source must be scraped into the Library so that when you go into the Movies or TV menu your items appear. The next thing is to go into System>Network> and enable the selector that says "Share video/music via uPnP. XBMC must be running on your Mac for other systems to see it as there is no background client/server in XBMC.