Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc not responding / Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the last few days I noticed that when i haven't used my HTPC that it doesn't work anymore. When i switch to my HTPC via the receiver and tv I just get a black screen and nothing else.

HTPC is running fine as I can still acces it via RDP and the network shares, so I think it's just related to XBMC. Last night I watched some episodes without any problems then went to sleep and just now I wanted to check something on XBMC and noticed that I have this problem again. This is happening for several days now unfortunately.

Can anybody see in my log files what is causing this as I don't see anything.

http://pastebin.com/crEzHPtJ
... I have same thing actually.. My Win7 shuts the hdmi off afer couple of days, despite that I have my own powerScheme or the TV does not boot properly..

replug the Hdmi cable and screen appears again. Smile
This morning I had it again, it only happens when I havent used it for several hours I believe. When switching the tv it says 'no signal detected'.

I havent changed anything in my windows configuration or setup and I know that Windows is still running on the background. Even XBMC is running because I can give the reboot command on my remote and it will reboot, when it does reboot I get my screen back at the bios screen.

So kind of clueless atm as I cannot remember that I have changed anything that could cause this problem. Any help / suggestions are welcome.
I recall others with this issue. DO a search on the forums for powered HDMI or something like that.
I could not find anything related to this, might be my search results but also have a feeling it's not related to that.

When I open a remote desktop connection and kill the Xbmc process then I get my picture back on the tv screen. So I do have a feeling that it's related to xbmc. Thing is it's really hard to reproduce the problem because it's seems to only happen after a few hours when my set is turned off (except the htpc), like when i go to sleep or work.

This morning I had the same problem again, I'm thinking about uninstalling xbmc and install it agian.
Any solution to this problem, I have exactly the same and it is really annoying ;(