Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Downloader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No Poster and Fanart for me either.
Can or will this be fixed or are we stuck with lacking posters now?

What is the reason? Lack of people or funds?
Usually it's the same problem they all have (TheTVDB, IMDB, etc), Too many requests for stuff, and limited bandwidth. Usually clears up the first of each month (and by first I mean the first week, not the first day).
I have Krypton 17.3 on a Minix U-9 and I've lost all fanart and thumbnails in movies.

I changed the scraper to the "Universal" scraper to resolve "unable to connect to remote server" errors. As a result of re-scanning with this scraper I lost all thumbnails and fanart.

The "Movie Database" scraper was recently updated and loading that fixed the server error - but too late for my thumbnails and fanart.

Thinking this plugin would work, I added it and it ran, went through all the movies, and seemed to work - but still nothing.

Any ideas?

All was fine until I ran an update today. I don't know how to refresh my fanart and posters.

I was hoping this addon would insert them into the movie folder on the NAS.

Any pointers appreciated.

[EDIT] The log shows failed to download on every single movie!
@Nsowon,

First place to start is checking your add-on and script versions. You should have these latest versions...

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0

TVDB 1.8.5

Some are found in Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies.

If you don't have the above versions, then update them and that might resolve the issues.
(2017-06-30, 20:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Nsowon,

First place to start is checking your add-on and script versions. You should have these latest versions...

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6

TVDB 1.8.5

If you don't have the above versions, then update them and that might resolve the issues.

I am on Helix and all those add-ons are up to date, but I have the same issue with artwork.
Can't get any discart downloaded automatically, have to manually run with GUI mode and download discart manually. I see several others also encountered this issue. Is there any work around for this?
(2017-06-24, 16:36)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know why it doesn't work with Movies? (With TV Shows it works)

Kodi 16.1

Someone please?

Thanks.
(2017-07-01, 13:26)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-24, 16:36)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know why it doesn't work with Movies? (With TV Shows it works)

Kodi 16.1

Someone please?

Thanks.
Seems like no one knows what's going on with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P
Any news or update why the Poster and Fanart disappeared from GUI menu?
I have the same problems you are pointing out and noticed another thing: I donated to fanart.tv and when I try to download something via artwork downloader it shows "please help or donate to fanart.tv" but I did it plus I copied the API key in the right place, what's wrong ?
(2017-06-30, 20:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Nsowon,

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6

TVDB 1.8.5

I'd somehow switched Auto-Update off and that fixed it. Thanks!
@Nsowon,

Glad it worked for you Smile
Hi,

Is it possible to ask for a very small feature ??

I basically want to download my EXISTING poster / fanart defined IN the Kodi database to the local folder of the movie / tvshow

Meaning.... right now my Poster is pointing to a HTTP address .... I want to download that file locally... and not have the plugin download the current highest rated poster...

Basically this Is what I would like it to do....

Scan the current Images (that Artwork Downloader currently supports) defined in the Kodi Database....
if its a local path then skip
if its a http://.... URL, then download that file locally

is this doable? I tried to find an add-on that could do this and I was not able to find one... Artwork Downloader is the closets one I found.... but I don't want a "new" poster downloaded.... I want my current one...

Here's an example of what I mean....
In my "art" table I see this for TVShow ID 394

394 - tvshow - clearlogo - smb://192.168.49.50/TV Shows/Dragon Ball/04-Dragon Ball Super/logo.png
394 - tvshow - poster - http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/295068-9.jpg

I would like to download "http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/295068-9.jpg" and save it as smb://192.168.49.50/TV Shows/Dragon Ball/04-Dragon Ball Super/poster.jpg
and update the database....
Have a read of this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-Export_library

I think this is what you are after.