Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Downloader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot get this script to work at all and i have tried everything. i have uninstalled extrafanart downloader, deleted my fanart! updated to latest nightly, gone back again to an earlier one, deleted the addon contents in the roaming folder and everything settings related etc. just keep getting script failed error.

is it possible that because i also have the addon installed on a separate pc with xbmc and that sometimes does downloads that it is somehow 'clashing' with this one on my main pc?
i keep getting a previous settings version found message when i go to start the addon too.

extrafanart downloader works fine but i would like this one because of the extra features.

i am on win 7 x64 xbmc nightly 10 th nov. i have installed the repo verion and also the zip version too. didnt matter.

something is causing the script to fail but i cannot find it!

thanks
johnmerrick Wrote:I cannot get this script to work at all and i have tried everything. i have uninstalled extrafanart downloader, deleted my fanart! updated to latest nightly, gone back again to an earlier one, deleted the addon contents in the roaming folder and everything settings related etc. just keep getting script failed error.

is it possible that because i also have the addon installed on a separate pc with xbmc and that sometimes does downloads that it is somehow 'clashing' with this one on my main pc?
i keep getting a previous settings version found message when i go to start the addon too.

extrafanart downloader works fine but i would like this one because of the extra features.

i am on win 7 x64 xbmc nightly 10 th nov. i have installed the repo verion and also the zip version too. didnt matter.

something is causing the script to fail but i cannot find it!

thanks
No it should not matter that you installed it on another PC.
So you deleted the settings.xml from 'userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.downloader'?
You did enable some options and pressed OK? This way the new settings will be saved.

If so could you send me a full debug log when trying to start it?
use http://paste.ubuntu.com for posting the full log and copy the link here.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:No it should not matter that you installed it on another PC.
So you deleted the settings.xml from 'userdata\addon_data\script.arwork.downloader'?
You did enable some options and pressed OK? This way the new settings will be saved.

If so could you send me a full debug log when trying to start it?
use http://paste.ubuntu.com for posting the full log and copy the link here.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/753119/

thanks
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That's good to hear
Although we found a bug in there. It's downloading extrathumbs that are to big. I'll put up a fixed version now.
EDIT:
It's uploaded
Artwork Downloader Eden ONLY (0.4.2)-RC9

I'm glad I could help find a bug Smile

It ran great the first time, and it's fast. Nice work. One thing I found is that it only seemed to DL a single season poster and season banner. It seemed to be a bit random as to which season. In some TV shows where I had 5 or more seasons, I got season 3. Regardless, in all multi-season shows, across the board only a single season poster and and season banner was downloaded. One thought I had was I am using the "season 1" vs "season 01" -type naming convention if that makes any difference. I am going to add the leading 0's to my library and rescan to see if that makes a difference. I'll post my findings.
deh2k7 Wrote:I'm glad I could help find a bug Smile

It ran great the first time, and it's fast. Nice work. One thing I found is that it only seemed to DL a single season poster and season banner. It seemed to be a bit random as to which season. In some TV shows where I had 5 or more seasons, I got season 3. Regardless, in all multi-season shows, across the board only a single season poster and and season banner was downloaded. One thought I had was I am using the "season 1" vs "season 01" -type naming convention if that makes any difference. I am going to add the leading 0's to my library and rescan to see if that makes a difference. I'll post my findings.

That is why i disable them in the official version. You do need to remove the old settings file manually if you can't disable them. You do not need to rename anything.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That is why i disable them in the official version. You do need to remove the old settings file manually if you can't disable them. You do not need to rename anything.

So it sounds like you are saying that the season poster/banner functionality is not fully functional yet, and should be disabled?
deh2k7 Wrote:So it sounds like you are saying that the season poster/banner functionality is not fully functional yet, and should be disabled?

Yes Nod
Will hopefully be in next version. It is a bit tricky to handle these correct.
Gotcha. I look forward to the next the release! Thanks for the quick replies and the help.
Great addon, thanks Machine-Sanctum. One thing I just can't seem to find anywhere is an automatic fanart, coverart and artist-art downloader for music (which saves the images in the related directories in my music directory, the same way this happens with Movie / TV art). I have too many albums and artists in my library to do this manually. Are you planning to add music library support?
Bram77 Wrote:Great addon, thanks Machine-Sanctum. One thing I just can't seem to find anywhere is an automatic fanart, coverart and artist-art downloader for music (which saves the images in the related directories in my music directory, the same way this happens with Movie / TV art). I have too many albums and artists in my library to do this manually. Are you planning to add music library support?

Thanks Smile
About the music part.
That is what CDart Manager does. So try that out. It works really great.
CDart Manager doesn't work for me. With my database it takes ages to scan the database (read... a day or so). And sometimes the script locks up completely.
Bram77 Wrote:CDart Manager doesn't work for me. With my database it takes ages to scan the database (read... a day or so). And sometimes the script locks up completely.

i'm sorry but if we would add this it would be in the same way and because there's already a great add-on we left it out.
The reason why it takes so long is that it needs to get the unique MusicBrainz ID key for each artist/album.
hey MS, how do I access the GUI solo mode?

feeling a bit stupid here :-)
lefty420 Wrote:hey MS, how do I access the GUI solo mode?

feeling a bit stupid here :-)

With some serious voodoo magic Cool

Just kidding ofcourse.
It needs to be run by the skin. Aeon Nox has a button in the VideoInfo window 'Get fanart'
You probably need to get the latest version from Github because i don't think it's already in passion-xbmc

Don't know if any other skin already use this (feel free to report ofcourse)
ahhh right. I using get fanart but it was returning the usual aeon nox dialogue box. I'll be patient and wait for the repo to update.

Thanks as ever m8.