Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Easy way to remove obsolete cached images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have removed several movies from my library, but the fanart for the movies is still in the cache.

I know this because I'm using the Aeon.Nox skin and the video background on the home screen rotates through your fanart. It is showing fanart for movies I no longer have in my library.

I thought "Clean Library . . ." would fix it, but it doesn't. Is there any way to remove those fanart files other than locating them one at a time? Does XBMC know they belong to movies that are no longer in the library?

Thanks
476429 Wrote:I have removed several movies from my library, but the fanart for the movies is still in the cache.

I know this because I'm using the Aeon.Nox skin and the video background on the home screen rotates through your fanart. It is showing fanart for movies I no longer have in my library.

I thought "Clean Library . . ." would fix it, but it doesn't. Is there any way to remove those fanart files other than locating them one at a time? Does XBMC know they belong to movies that are no longer in the library?

Thanks

Someone wrote a script that removes the orphaned thumbs. See if it does what you want.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96097
Thanks for the info, but it doesn't look like that script will work for me. It involves executing a CMD file and I'm on Mac OS X (which doesn't handle CMD files). It also requires a nightly build rather than the current stable release.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
IMO these should be cleaned out via 'clean library'
I guess requesting this in the feature suggestion forum is needed?
Just an update on the script located here. Currently it will not work with Mac OS X. It's not the CMD files though.

You can launch the jar file and the Java Launcher app will handle it, but it immediately throws an error looking for files in "C:\". Macs don't have "C:\" so it crashes.

The developer is aware of the problem and said he'll post a fix in the next release.

Thanks
Can't figure out how to delete this post, so please ignore.