Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Downloads Movie Info during each boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've looked around for a similar problem, but have come up empty, so far.

How do I fix stopping XBMC to download the movie information each time it runs?
disable update library on start in xbmc settings.
The problem with turning the feature off, obviously, is that it won't pick up recent changes.

What is happening now that didn't happen before is that it wants to download the stuff for all files, all of the time. Whether they are old or new, it doesn't matter any more.
I have no real answer or sollution for you but I have the same issue myself.

My workaround is to have the HTPC powered on all the time and have my file server send a update library command every night and also Sickbeard sends library update commands in it's post processing whenever it adds new content.

Not ideal in any way, but that is my workaround at the moment.
ShabbyDog Wrote:My workaround is to have the HTPC powered on all the time and have my file server send a update library command every night and also Sickbeard sends library update commands in it's post processing whenever it adds new content.

That's the approach I use.

My MytvTV backend records films, I then have a user job which transcodes the file and then sends the library update command.

However, it still needs some manual input as the scraper often gets the wrong movie, or I just want to change the fanart.
It never did this before, so did XBMC change or did something in my set-up get changed?
Anyone else know how to stop XBMC from re-downloading the same info every time it boots?
ddalley Wrote:Anyone else know how to stop XBMC from re-downloading the same info every time it boots?

I've never had it download the same info. Are things added via library? Are you sure it's not updating?
zepfan Wrote:I've never had it download the same info.

This is why I am concerned. Eventually, it will eat into my monthly bandwidth limit the more I run XBMC.

zepfan Wrote:Are things added via library?

I'm not exactly sure of what you mean.

My movies are on a NAS box, not the PC's hard drive.
XBMC just reads the directories I linked.

zepfan Wrote:Are you sure it's not updating?

XBMC is updating all movie title info.
Linux takes care of XBMC.
ddalley Wrote:This is why I am concerned. Eventually, it will eat into my monthly bandwidth limit the more I run XBMC.

I'm not exactly sure of what you mean.

My movies are on a NAS box, not the PC's hard drive.
XBMC just reads the directories I linked.

XBMC is updating all movie title info.
Linux takes care of XBMC.

Could you post a log so we could look more into the issue? That's really the only way to know what's going on.
ddalley Wrote:Anyone else know how to stop XBMC from re-downloading the same info every time it boots?

Same for me.
(Opdenkamp git Nov-11)

For a subset of my movies that reside on a SMB share XBMC triggers a refresh and fetches information every time it starts, though nothing has changed (not even timestamps).

I don't know which logic triggers the update then - I would guess there is some kind of "Complete"-Bit missing in the database for that movie, so it queries over and over again?

I'll get some logs when I'm home.
chemical Wrote:Same for me.
(Opdenkamp git Nov-11)

For a subset of my movies that reside on a SMB share XBMC triggers a refresh and fetches information every time it starts, though nothing has changed (not even timestamps).

I don't know which logic triggers the update then - I would guess there is some kind of "Complete"-Bit missing in the database for that movie, so it queries over and over again?

I'll get some logs when I'm home.

I believe xbmc does a refresh once a day now to update artwork if its changed not sure about movie info I could be wrong though
zepfan Wrote:Could you post a log so we could look more into the issue? That's really the only way to know what's going on.

I'd love to, if I can figure out how.

Without having looked yet, is there a preferences switch or do I have to do this through the terminal?
>>X<<' Wrote:I believe xbmc does a refresh once a day now to update artwork if its changed not sure about movie info I could be wrong though

That seems absurd. I'd highly doubt that's true. It'd be a waste of CPU cycles and bandwidth, not to mention taxing the severs.

It could be included in xbmc auto update addon but I'd doubt it's built in by default.
I should have said local artwork I've seen it mentioned a few times now I was also unaware this happened

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114681
Pages: 1 2