Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: discrete powerbuttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few months ago changed my "big" xbmc mediacenter for a small one (Zotac ND-22). I installed openelec and it works like a charm.
The only thing to do is the remote. With my "old" xbmc desktop I changed the keymap.xml and the remote.xml to my needs. And I used this solution to have discrete on/off buttons for my remote.
I deleted the <power>XBMC.Shutdown()</power> line and I created a new one <star>XBMC.Shutdown()/star]>.
Now the star button puts my zotac to sleep, so that is ok. But still the power button does
And that is not what I want. My old desktop with xbmc live didn't do that.

Is there any way to disable the power button putting my zotac to sleep?
I know it's been a while, but I stumbled across your thread when trying to solve the same problem. So I figured I'd post my solution here, in case anyone else ends up following the same trail.

I noticed that if the <power> button tags were not present at all in the global section (either deleted or commented out), XBMC would still shutdown on pressing the power button. I had to set it up like below to get it to work as desired. This causes the Power button to send the shift command, which only switches between lower and upper case letters in virtual keyboard, so no negative interference.

Code:
<global>
  <remote>
       <power>Shift</power>
       <record>XBMC.Shutdown()</record>
  </remote>
</global>
(2014-04-12, 19:21)rbrohman Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's been a while, but I stumbled across your thread when trying to solve the same problem. So I figured I'd post my solution here, in case anyone else ends up following the same trail.

I noticed that if the <power> button tags were not present at all in the global section (either deleted or commented out), XBMC would still shutdown on pressing the power button. I had to set it up like below to get it to work as desired. This causes the Power button to send the shift command, which only switches between lower and upper case letters in virtual keyboard, so no negative interference.

Code:
<global>
  <remote>
       <power>Shift</power>
       <record>XBMC.Shutdown()</record>
  </remote>
</global>

Simply deleting the value of power in Lircmap.xml should have the same effect.
If there is no value, XBMC has no clue what button you pressed.