Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new to XBMC and need help with NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am new to xbmc and I am trying to add some movies to my library that when scraped there is no info for them. so I tried looking for the NFO files on my harddrive but i cannot find them so my question is..............can I add the NFO files and fanart manually with out using a scraper? thanks
Best bet is to you a metadata tool. Ember is popular. I prefer Metabrowser. Both tools will tag your movies for you, let you download cover and fan art and create the nfo files for you.
thanks guys, what i think i am going to do is just create the NFO myself with note pad.. one more question though. all i want to show up in the library is the name of the movie, the plot, the tag line, and the genre. can i leave everything else out of the NFO file? IE actors, how many stars
Right. Only the tags are available in the .nfo will be used to populate the db.
thanks for all of the help guys. this is a great forum and i cannot wait to see what the full power of xbmc does. I am now working on trying to get SNES roms to work. I will post in the other forum if i need help
Did you try a different scraper I would be surprised if they weren't listed on IMDb
i have not tried a different scraper but the movies aren't listed on imdb. they are kids movies (half hour shows)