Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Perfect remote controlled HTPC for OpenELEC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there I was checking eskro's HTPC build guide and I saw the following builds:

A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
Wow nice and cheap! Sounds great.

A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D
Even better. This is awesome!

They both seem compatible with the Asrock Smart Remote, which is great as I don't want to mess around configuring a remote. Then reading on...

Q. Out of those builds, which one can be used with OpenELEC version of XBMC (Linux)?
A. Except the A6 & A8 builds, all of them!!

Well that just spoilt my day! Anybody have any other ideas for a similar DIY or pre-built system that can do:

1 - Full S5 power on with a bundled or third party remote
2 - Play very high bitrate MKVs smoothly and 24p properly
3 - No slow downs on skins and fanart
4 - Full support for openELEC
5 - HD Audio (not a priority though)

Or am I asking for too much? Cheers Guys!
why stop there? Tongue

my other builds dont work for you?

All gt210 based builds are compatible with OpenELEC!

example, the $244 miniITX G530 + GT210 build!
Duh! I never saw that! Thanks. The core i3 looks nice as well for a little extra power.

I've actually got an old Antec Fusion case but I could never figure out how to configure the supplied remote and IR components, which is why I want to start afresh.

I suppose I could buy the i3 2100 CPU and Asrock H67M, and bung the whole lot in my Fusion case with a spare GTS450 card I have . Would that tick all my boxes?
there is an openelec build for fusion (Llano and E-350) based htpc. It seems to work pretty well. I'll test it later tis week and report back (My motherboard is coming tomorrow!).
which Antec Fusion case you have exactly?
It's a silver Antec Fusion Remote case which I got a couple of years ago. At the time I wanted to build a Mediaportal based HTPC that could do it all under one unified GUI (Freesat, Blu-ray, Streaming video). So I also bought a Pinnacle 7010ix Tuner card and LG GGW-H20L Drive. Never could get it to work together seamless with remote control!

Balinus, that sounds interesting. If it all works well then I may still go the Llano route.

I've also been considering the PulseBox Premium (might save a load of hassle).
coolyazz Wrote:I suppose I could buy the i3 2100 CPU and Asrock H67M, and bung the whole lot in my Fusion case with a spare GTS450 card I have . Would that tick all my boxes?

works