Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows & episodes wont get scraped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Over the last couple of days I have been having some weird issues with my XBMC. The first of which was when I had added new content to my TV Shows and wen't to the My Videos tab to scan for more content, XBMC would say "Downloading TV Show Information" in XBMC and after about 1 minute it would be completed.

Every time a Movie has completed in rar format XBMC finds it with no issues at all.

It's the TV shows which I have a big issue with .....It never finds any at all. It just scans the library and nothing comes up. And this is with the RAR files extracted.

This is how my TV shows files look like :

Hung.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE

I also have a NFO file in there also.......

This is the folder it's in :

Hung - Season 3

After the scan has finished no media shows up in the TV Show library tab and only displays the TV Show folder in the My Videos section.

I don't really want to use media scrapes ...as this is time consuming.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Always unrar. Correct files/folder names (remove all that extra junk).
digzz Wrote:I also have a NFO file in there also.......

Possibly, this could be the reason why no scraping takes place.

If I recall it right, XBMC will not fetch any information from the internet database if there is a corresponding .nfo file for a show episode or movie.

As a test, rename or delete your .nfo files an try again.

Cheers,
Zap
Ned Scott Wrote:Always unrar. Correct files/folder names (remove all that extra junk).

I've never had RAR's in my TV shows folder. It only my movies that are RAR.

It's strange how it picks up Movies no problem ...but TV Shows it don't work .......even with no RAR files....:confused2:
When I use Ember Media Manager .....To find TV Shows ..it finds it with no issues ...and creates a couple of files:

season02.tbn
season-all.tbn
tvshow.nfo

When this has been created in the folder XBMC finds it with no issues......
It's strange because I've never seen XBMC create any of these files....but Ember Media Manager does.....
digzz Wrote:When I use Ember Media Manager .....To find TV Shows ..it finds it with no issues ...and creates a couple of files:

season02.tbn
season-all.tbn
tvshow.nfo

When this has been created in the folder XBMC finds it with no issues......
It's strange because I've never seen XBMC create any of these files....but Ember Media Manager does.....

That is because xbmc puts the info from internet directly in it's database. When using NFO files you create an in-between file. So xbmc will get its info from that file.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That is because xbmc puts the info from internet directly in it's database. When using NFO files you create an in-between file. So xbmc will get its info from that file.

So what would be the best way for XBMC to scrape without the need of a Media manager ?
Remove the .nfo files if you don't need them and they don't contain what XBMC thinks they do (I am guessing you keep the NFO from the scene release you posted)

Also, als mentioned before, rename your files according to one of the (many) supported naming schemes.
In case it fails it is a) naming convention or b) .rar with compression c) no info @ tvdb.
A scene episode .nfo can't cause this.
taalas Wrote:Remove the .nfo files if you don't need them and they don't contain what XBMC thinks they do (I am guessing you keep the NFO from the scene release you posted)

Also, als mentioned before, rename your files according to one of the (many) supported naming schemes.

What's the supported naming schemes ?
taalas Wrote:Have you checked this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mov...ie_lookups

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...Library%29

This is my directory structure ......Still Nothing....Sad I've also cleaned the Library before Update.

I Re-named the file to : Dexter.S06E02.mkv

And still nothing......Sad
Taking a look at your picture, I noticed, that you named your directory Dexter.S06.720P.

IMHO this will not work with the tvdb scraper, because it will not find a show named Dexter.S06.720p. Rename your directory to simply Dexter and try again.

Cheers,
Zap
zaphod42 Wrote:Taking a look at your picture, I noticed, that you named your directory Dexter.S06.720P.

IMHO this will not work with the tvdb scraper, because it will not find a show named Dexter.S06.720p. Rename your directory to simply Dexter and try again.

Cheers,
Zap

Ok I have a little result ...

I changed it to Dexter....Updated Library. Started to scan ...Then it showed :

Dexter EN ... Like it found it ...But it didn't find the EP what it was e.g. : 06.02

I went into TV shows and nothing was there ....Sad
This is what I get coming up .....but nothing gets added.

Pages: 1 2