Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some Movies Not Scanned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two Blu-Ray movies (*.m2ts) that just are not found when I perform a library update. I've tried renaming them, and of course looking in the Recently Added section. The movies seem to play fine in File mode.

Is there some sort of movie index corruption that could cause xbmc not to recognize it?

[I didn't attach a log b/c it simply says starting, then finishing scan. No errors.]
You tried manual search?
Tobby Wrote:You tried manual search?

Do you mean searching my library by title? I have not, but a new movie within my Movie library should always show in the Recently Added, regardless of what the scraper labels the title as.
curtis-r Wrote:Do you mean searching my library by title? I have not, but a new movie within my Movie library should always show in the Recently Added, regardless of what the scraper labels the title as.
No, I mean searching for the missing movies seperatley (go to their Movie info page via Files) and choose Manual when it doesn't find anything.
Apparently I'm not familiar with the process you are describing. You're saying I find the movie through file mode and click 'info' for it, then choose Manual when it doesn't find any info?
curtis-r Wrote:Apparently I'm not familiar with the process you are describing. You're saying I find the movie through file mode and click 'info' for it, then choose Manual when it doesn't find any info?
Bingo. This will allow you to manually write the words to search with. I do this sometimes. TMDB has a huge problem with dashes ( - ). Some of my movies are named with them like Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl and usually if I go to Manual search and remove the dash the scraper will find it.
Tobby, you might be on to something. Though I won't be home to test your idea until later, both movies that won't scan have dashes in the file name. On the other hand, I have many other movies with dashes that scanned fine. I'll report back my results.
curtis-r Wrote:Tobby, you might be on to something. Though I won't be home to test your idea until later, both movies that won't scan have dashes in the file name. On the other hand, I have many other movies with dashes that scanned fine. I'll report back my results.
OK, good luck.
You were correct on all counts.

For one movie I tried getting info through File mode, then forcing it to create an info file. That worked, automatically then showing the Recent Additions. For the other movie I first tried removing the dash from the folder name. That didn't work. When I removed the dash from the movie file name, that did work!

No matter how long I use xbmc, there is always something new to learn. I wonder if there should be a fix for file names with dashes. Thanks.
curtis-r Wrote:You were correct on all counts.

For one movie I tried getting info through File mode, then forcing it to create an info file. That worked, automatically then showing the Recent Additions. For the other movie I first tried removing the dash from the folder name. That didn't work. When I removed the dash from the movie file name, that did work!

No matter how long I use xbmc, there is always something new to learn. I wonder if there should be a fix for file names with dashes. Thanks.
You don't need to change the file- or folder name, just remove the dash in your manual search.
True, but it's good to know xbmc's limitations for future movie titles.