Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 10.1 not recognizing several music folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update - Fixed: I started looking at the network settings rather than XBMC and was able to resolve this. It was either disabling Windows media streaming or changing the encryption to 128-Bit that resolved it, i'm not sure which.

I have an XBMC install set up to read my music collection over a SMB share and several of the folders (in file view) are missing. Most (possibly all) of the folders are ones that start with letters I through L, so it is as if XBMC is simply ignoring this block of folders.

THe music is organized in subfolders by artist then album, of almost 300 folders close to 30 are missing.

I've tried completely removing and reinstalling xbmc, all of the music is in MP3 format with properly formatted ID3 tags, and as far as i can dell there is nothing to set the missing folders apart for the rest.

Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT: I installed XBMC on a second machine to try and duplicate the issue and it still occurs. Additionally XBMC does not even show the missing folders when browsing to select the share location as a music source (shows 265 folders rather than 291).

I tried selecting it as a local folder rather than an smb share (new install is on the desktop where the music is located) and it does show all 291 folders. Based on this it is something either with the share or the way xbmc is reading the share but i'm at a loss as to what it could be.
I'm also experiencing this problem on the newest version Frodo.

Did you figure what was the problem?