Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sometimes no folder.jpg saved when scrapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

scrapping in general works fine for me. When I scrap a movie, xbmc is showing it's cover. And most of the time, the folder containing the movie-file shows a little cover-thumbnail, although the image seems to be saved within xbmc's internal db.

But now xbmc often seems to not save that image. It's shown in the movie-details (showing it is saved somewhere) but not set as folder image. I can manually save the cover file as "folder.jpg", but that is annoying me.

How can i fix this?
XBMC doesn't save a folder.jpg when it scrapes movies. It does save a thumbnail and fanart. These are saved in the thumbnail directory in your userdata directory and these are used when you view your media in library mode. If you export your library to separate files it will save the thumbnail and fanart to the location where the media is saved, but this will be in the format <media-name>.tbn and <media-name>-fanart.jpg - nothing saved as folder.jpg.
Sorry. XBMC is of course not saving folder.jpg files. I am not in Library mode, I think it's named just Thumbnail view. So I browse through the HD-folder containing subdirectories with each of them containing the corresponding mkv-file.

Normally when I scrap a movie, it uses the found cover-image as file-icon for the mkv-file as well as for the folder itself.

Now it is often only shown for the mkv-file and the folder is still showing that blue folder-icon. Once I saved a folder.jpg within that directory, it uses this jpg but why do I now have to do that manually now? As I said... sometimes xbmc uses the covers for the folder, too. So I know xbmc can do it.