Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "Use folder name for lookups" in musicvideos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

some people asked for the "use folder name for lookups"-feature in my concertDB thread---> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112150
Unfortunately this is a limitation by xbmc and not the scraper itself...
I think, having lookup based on folder name, might be quite a nice feature and seems to be desired...
Hopefully this is not too much coding for you guys...

Anybody an opinion to that?

cheers,
mad-max
I would also like to be able to use folder names lookups, just like the way it is done with movies and series already.

I think this would be a welcome feature for eden if it is not too much work for developers.
I think the entire Music Videos situation is a mess.

It seems to me that it was envisaged as as a one video = one song MTV type 'video' situation (except there's no great online database to scrape from) AND a lot of users would like to use it in the more plausible situation of 'Music Video' = concert (similar to a a video album, with multiple tracks from one or more artist). Because of this, they are either forced to classify them as movies, or less often, tv shows, OR come up with a creative workaround with NFO files (as I do)

I think using Folder Names is 'fine'... but it's a work around and not a proper solution.
I believe there needs to be a rethink of video classes:

Movies <--- works well
TV Series <---- works well
Music Videos <---- Doesn't really manage to handle the 'video single' vs 'video album/concert' issue
Documentaries <----- Another problem area where a video doesn't fit in the Movie or TV series
Home Movies<---- Yet another movie type that doesn't fit the schema
Video Clips<---- Yet another movie type not fitting the schema

I know some folks will worry about a never ending list of 'categories'... but the fact remains, a video clip isn't really a movie (feature film) and it's not a TV series, so what the hell IS it?
Correct - music videos were designed exactly as the name suggests - not for concert videos.

Part of the problem in this area (in addition to the fact we have hardcoded content types) is that there's little decent sources for information. Plus, ofcourse, some concert videos are actually movies (U2 Rattle & Hum, U23D, Shine a Light etc.) though I suspect folk would want to keep them separate anyway.

I think what needs to happen first is the underlying database needs to be generalised. Not an easy thing to get right first (second or third) time around.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yeah, I agree on the situation with the music video section...having a bit more flexibility would be awesome
But in one point I have to disagree. Look up based on folder names is not a workaround.
Besides the concerts I still have some real music videos (like on MTV) in that part of the database.
I also would like to have lookup on folder names for them, as most of my stuff is well organised with foldernames, but the files itself are a mess Big Grin
Part of the problem in this area (in addition to the fact we have hardcoded content types) is that there's little decent sources for information. Plus, ofcourse, some concert videos are actually movies (U2 Rattle & Hum, U23D, Shine a Light etc.) though I suspect folk would want to keep them separate anyway.

cheap jerseys
2012 nike nfl jerseys
Cheap Los Angeles Kings Jerseys
Agree here. Waiting for a solution even on Eden