Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EDL fails to mute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble with mute support in EDLs (edit decision lists).

I'm testing with a MKV rip of Captain America from Blu-ray. I have an EDL that specifies a 5 second span to mute in the legacy format, "1226.000000 1231.000000 1". However, when I play the video in XBMC, the audio is not muted. I know the EDL is being processed because in the video information it says "edl: 1m". I know the proper 5 seconds are being selection, because if I change the "1" to a "0", indicating that the span should be cut instead of muted, XBMC skips those 5 seconds, as it should.

I normally use XBMC via OpenElec installed on an Atom+Ion box, but I installed XBMC on my Linux workstation and reproduced the problem there. When I play the file with mplayer ("mplayer -ss 1220 -edl CaptainAmerica.edl CaptainAmerica.mkv"), the audio is muted, as it should be.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Can I fix it? Is it a bug?
I've just tried this on Windows. Dharma v10.1 ignores the mute request but the current nightly builds do mute when instructed.

JR