Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recommended "out of the box working" HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been asked by one of my family members to set them up with XBMC, so it's time to choose some hardware. It's been a while since I chose my own system (ASRock ION 330), so I'm wondering what is currently being recommended as the perfect NetTop/HTPC that works with XBMC Live straight out of the box. Is it still the ASRock ION 330 (I doubt it since it's a good year or two old now)?

Chances are this has been asked before in the last month or two, but I wasn't able to find it (all the search results seem to be for custom build HTPC) ... so if you know of a similar thread feel free to post the link.

Thanks,
Harry
My Zotac ID40 worked pretty much out of the box. No remote though, so I had to rangle an IR receiver (USB) and got it working with my Harmony One.
I'm running XBMCLive on it.
I have succesfully set up a Shuttle XS35GT and love the piece since it's absolutely silent when used with an SSD (or USB). I stream 1080 content without any kind of problems and use some HP IR receiver bought off Ebay for remote control (also worked right out of the box).

Only two things I had to fiddle with was LAN (adding two command lines to a file) and setting a few echo commands to keep power on the USB ports for remote wake up to work. I don't use WLAN, so don't know if that would take some tweaking as well.

I followed this guide and if you happen to choose a Shuttle I advice you to read the last comment post, where I specify the steps in the guide not needed as of the latest Dharma.