Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Removing network locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was testing the windows smb shares and added a few network locations, but the only way I found of removing them was manually in mediasources.xml. Is there really no way to do it from xbmc GUI?
Good question, I don't think there is a way to remove network locations from the GUI.

JR
See if you can do it from the File Manager. I am able to remove smb: sources from both the File Manager and the files view of videos/pictures/music. Maybe I don't understand the question though.
kricker Wrote:See if you can do it from the File Manager. I am able to remove smb: sources from both the File Manager and the files view of videos/pictures/music. Maybe I don't understand the question though.

No no, go to add videos, choose browse and you will see a list of shares like: Network Filesystem (NFS), ReplayTV Devics, SAP Streams.. etc.
Now at the bottom of that list is also an option Add network location.. So once u add that it appears in the list, but there is no way to remove/edit those custom entries from GUI.
It isn't a big deal since u can simply edit the mediasources.xml, but still.. Smile
Ahh okay gotcha. I figured I misunderstood the question.
(2011-12-05, 19:10)Japaja Wrote: [ -> ]
kricker Wrote:See if you can do it from the File Manager. I am able to remove smb: sources from both the File Manager and the files view of videos/pictures/music. Maybe I don't understand the question though.

No no, go to add videos, choose browse and you will see a list of shares like: Network Filesystem (NFS), ReplayTV Devics, SAP Streams.. etc.
Now at the bottom of that list is also an option Add network location.. So once u add that it appears in the list, but there is no way to remove/edit those custom entries from GUI.
It isn't a big deal since u can simply edit the mediasources.xml, but still.. Smile

After searching and searching I must ask the obvious question. What is the method for simply editing the mediasources.xml?

I'm using android, does the device need to be rooted? I can't even find my mediasources.xml, since my device is not rooted, is it even available for me to see?
If you have an attached mouse.
Right-click on the name of the shared folder, in the pop up menu there should be an option to remove it.

With out a mouse... I don't know neither of my 'windows' keys or the menu key seem to be mapped properly.

With a remote, I think most have a menu button... I have not gotten a remote yet.

I think there is another way, I accidentally mapped a folder twice, then managed to remove one of them, but for the life of me I can not remember how I did it.

I am running openelec on a Raspberry Pi 2.