Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video 'catching up' on Mac Mini 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running the latest official build (from the download section on the homescreen of the xbmc site), and works fine but got a strange issue with movies somehow 'catching up' after a few minutes (mostly +30mins). At that point, the video seems to speed up for about 1sec to triple the speed (or so it seems) then to turn back to normal.

Any idea what's causing this?
I'm having the same issue with my 2011 mac mini, but the intervals between each instance seem random. This happens whether it's a SD or a HD movie playing from a local drive. I suspect there is a background task unrelated to XBMC that is periodically causing video playback stutter. I'm still trying to research which tasks I can safely disable and how to keep them disabled, but info seems limited.
Is this the intel integrated mini or the AMD video version?
Mine is the AMD.
subscribbing to this thread....
brand new mac mini 2011 & xbmc eden, using optical out and getting intermittent stutters as well....
any of you guys have a log that the devs can have a look at
Guys post a debug logs and file information from media info app. Devs can only guess without it.
xbmc.log (with debugging enabled) and output from running "mediainfo" on a file in question would be the best place to start if you want the devs to do any digging.
I'm having this exact same problem on my older MacBook. Playback starts fine, at random points throughout, video playback freezes, audio continues for a while, then stops. After a few seconds, both audio and video playback resume, but video runs fast to catch up to the audio. This only seems to happen on HD video files.

This has been happening for the past month or two on 10.1, but I was hoping the 11.0 RC would fix it. Before that, though, it's been fine.

Here's a log: http://pastebin.com/u4UFANpb
This freeze-and-catch-up happened three times during the playback of a video in that session.

Hardware: MacBook MA700xx/A (Late 2006) (2GB RAM)
XBMC version: 11.0-RC1 Git:20120226-30312f1 (Compiled: Feb 27 2012)

And here's the mediainfo for the file I was playing: http://pastebin.com/3jaUkDZN

Really hoping this can get worked out. It's a real pain having stuff freeze in the middle of watching it. Let me know if there's any other info I can supply.
RC1 had some video sync settings that were messed up. Try RC2, which is out now, just to be sure the issue is still there.
Ned Scott Wrote:RC1 had some video sync settings that were messed up. Try RC2, which is out now, just to be sure the issue is still there.
That video sync bug was a) a different thing than the problem described in this thread and b) introduced with RC1, whereas this problem predates Eden.

I'll try RC2, but I'd be very surprised if it makes any difference.
Okay, well now I'm having the same problem with SD video files in RC2. So the problem is even worse.

I'll post a log later if I can, but it's hard to reproduce this to log, because it pretty much happens at random intervals.
Okay, so I'm still getting the same issue in RC2.

My current version is XBMC 11.0-RC2 Git:20120229-f38655f (Compiled: Mar 1 2012)

Here's another log, using the same video file I posted mediainfo for last time.

http://pastebin.com/eSEWUEL7

I'd really like to get this resolved. I never used to get this problem, and it's becoming increasingly annoying. If there's anything else I can do to help resolve this issue, let me know.