Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing ISO movies on 360
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this is already answered but I just spent 2 hours searching for the answer to no avail.

I have used My Movies in the past and it uses a transcoder to play dvds that I have ripped to play the movies through my home network to my 360.

I am new to xbmc and so far I like the functions I have the movies added to my xbmc database so they play flawlessly through xbmc on my pc. However, when I go into titles on the 360, it says that none are available.

My question is: Am I missing a setting to play the ripped dvds through my 360 or is there an add-on I need?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
The XBMC uPnP server will not transcode. It just streams the contents of the media file direct to the uPnP client. Presumably the XBox 360 won't play the .iso files.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The XBMC uPnP server will not transcode. It just streams the contents of the media file direct to the uPnP client. Presumably the XBox 360 won't play the .iso files.

JR

I will need to continue to use MyMovies software then? There is no add-on to allow for transcoding within xbmc?
eGeeked Wrote:I apologize if this is already answered but I just spent 2 hours searching for the answer to no avail.

I have used My Movies in the past and it uses a transcoder to play dvds that I have ripped to play the movies through my home network to my 360.

I am new to xbmc and so far I like the functions I have the movies added to my xbmc database so they play flawlessly through xbmc on my pc. However, when I go into titles on the 360, it says that none are available.

My question is: Am I missing a setting to play the ripped dvds through my 360 or is there an add-on I need?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

In the XBMC setup under Network is a selector to share video via uPnP that needs to be marked. Also only items that are scanned into the library show up. You should see XBMC on your 360 under Videos. I don't think, however, that uPnP will stream DVD iso files nor will .mkv files work.
eGeeked Wrote:I will need to continue to use MyMovies software then?

Yes.

eGeeked Wrote:There is no add-on to allow for transcoding within xbmc?

No.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Yes.

No.

JR

Good thing you don't do sales and work on commissionNod

You're right though...XBMC doesn't fit everyone's needs.