Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compiling git against libav 0.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried compiling the git version of xbmc with libav 0.8? I've tried and xbmc will not build, was wondering if anyone else had any success.

On my machine, building ffmpeg from git breaks everything except for xbmc, but if I use libav everything works BUT xbmc (libav works for multithread decoding and 10-bit h264 support with no tweaking.)

If someone has do you have any tips for getting it to compile? I'm using mythvideo right now (as I have no choice) but xbmc is far superior...

Edit: Here's where it fails:

Code:
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9999/work/xbmc-9999/lib/DllAvUtil.h:88: error: use of enum 'AVRounding' without previous declaration
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9999/work/xbmc-9999/lib/DllAvUtil.h:116: error: use of enum 'AVRounding' without previous declaration
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9999/work/xbmc-9999/lib/DllAvUtil.h:116: error: '::av_rescale_rnd' has not been declared
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9999/work/xbmc-9999/lib/DllAvUtil.h:117: error: '::av_rescale_q' has not been declared
make[1]: *** [CDDARipper.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a] Error 2

Any ideas? The text was huge, so I had to snip out most of it.
libav, you're on your own. patches welcome i guess. we use ffmpeg.