Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
OK, will try and let you know each outcome.

Thanks for you help.
Thanks this # appears to have worked!

XBMC/KODI method puts computer in suspend and it wakes accordingly.
OS completely shuts system down.
While streaming from openelec to the external tvh client, this add-on doesn't prevent from suspending on timeout. I have network monitoring turned on in the settings.
What is wrong with it?
It's a normal behaviour that the addon shut down the system when a client timed out (e.g. connection ist broken or client down).
I mean the timeout from Kodi power settings occurs (for Kodi itself), but remote client continues to stream.
What I expect that this plugin prevents suspend in such case, but it doesn't.
Ah ok, I've misunderstand that. The addon can't prevent from suspend because it has no interaction/influence with that. In this case You have to disable the power settings and shutdown the system using the addon (normally F12). If network monitoring is enabled it will listen to the specified port and if no connection is established anymore the addon shut down the system.
Thank you, I'll try it
Hi,

I use Openelec with Kodi 15.2 and have a PC as tvheadend server. To this one connects a WETEK Box with tvheadend client. While watching LIVE-TV on the WETEK Box the TV-Server PC suspends after 20 minutes as the machine itself is idle.

In your add on on the Server PC I checked "monitoring network traffic" option but it does not prevend standby/suspend so that my live TV on the client box stops. Live TV on Server PC works perfectly. Sendin g WOL Magic Packets by WakeOnlLan Addon does also not solve the problem either.

Has anybody here the same issue and solved this - probably by a script? Solutions are very appreciated to increase WAF. Thanks.

Best,
Ludwig
Openelec (Kodi 15.2) and TVHeadend are on the same machine? The WETEKs Client use the TVHeadend PVR addon, right? Have you entered the correct port number (9982) in settings of the addon?
(2015-12-30, 12:04)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Openelec (Kodi 15.2) and TVHeadend are on the same machine? The WETEKs Client use the TVHeadend PVR addon, right? Have you entered the correct port number (9982) in settings of the addon?

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes, on the PC is Openelec + TVHEADEND Backend together as Server on the same machine becaus it has the TV DVB-S2 tuners. The PC has the TVHEad Power Management Addon set to PORT 9981. WETEK uses tvheadend client.

Apart from suspend functionality it works all well. So do I really have to change the port for tvheadend to 9982 ?

Ludwig
As far I know 9981 is the communication port (web interface etc.) and 9982 the htsp streaming port (look in the setting of the hts pvr client). Both should work unindependent which port you use.

Where did you define the 20 min suspend? This musst be kicked off.
(2015-12-30, 17:30)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]As far I know 9981 is the communication port (web interface etc.) and 9982 the htsp streaming port (look in the setting of the hts pvr client). Both should work unindependent which port you use.

Where did you define the 20 min suspend? This musst be kicked off.

The 20 min come from Options/System/PowerSaving/Shutdown Funtion Timer

If this is OFF the Machine never suspends....
As I wrote here you have to use the poweroff function of the addon instead (F12 or power on remote) and disable power saving.
(2015-12-30, 18:51)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]As I wrote here you have to use the poweroff function of the addon instead (F12 or power on remote) and disable power saving.

OK, got this. But what if the Server Machine resumes unattended/automatically from suspend mode due to a record timer? Does it stay always on after recodring is finished and do I have to press F12/Power to suspend it? OR will it suspend after recording triggered by your AddOn? - I think this is important if no one is around for a longer time to push any buttons.
After a recording it supends by the addon. This is what the addon is made for Wink . From the first post of this thread (do You read it?):

Quote:The operation of this script can be summarized as follows:

- a pressure on the power button on the remote control whilest a current or soon upcoming recording is ignored and an appropriate message is shown. After recording and analyzing for next possible timers a wake-up via ACPI or NVRAM (nvram-wakeup must be installed and properly configured) is set and the system shuts down.
- Every keypress (Play, Pause, Mute, Volume etc.) except power aborts the above mechanism, i.e., the computer don’t poweroff after recording. Power management is turned back on by simply pressing the power button remote again.
- Before switching off after a timer, an adjustable countdown is shown by progress bar, that can be stopped.
- Is there a timer recording without any user activity occurs (eg. at night / user absent), the system will shut down without notice message after the recording was done and set next wakeup. Before doing this an email is optional delivered to the user.
- If power button is pressed and there are no upcoming/soon schedules required, the system shuts down immediately, however, timers are set.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14