Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Q: How can you display media flags for stacked files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

This has to do with Media Flags: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_flags

My question, briefly: If I have some movies stacked, they do not display the Merdia Flags. Is there a way that we can do this?

My scenario, in detail:

I am doing an overhaul of my media. With over 1800 films, it is an extensive task.

1) Reload of XBMC, 2) Selecting artwork, 3) Setting watched status, and 4) Launching each item to get the media flag info.

I am doing this task so that I will be ready to export this info to my NAS source, in preparation for creating a MySQL repository for my 4 XBMC HTPC systems.

Some of my films are stacked (disc 1 & disc 2 of DVD's, etc). These that are stacked do not display media flags.

What I would like is the ability to display the media flags for the first disc of the set.

Could this be an option in XBMC?

Suggestions:

* A radio button with a description that states "Display media flags in stacked sets?" in Settings / Appearance , or

* A setting in advancedsettings.xml ?

I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks!

v.
Not really an answer to your question but would probably solve it though as its never been a problem for me with stacked movies, your really doing things the hard way if you have 1800 films to do why don't you just use "Ember Media Manager" because the only thing you would need to do is update watch status

No need to start each movie to get flags because ember scans the media file and adds the stream details to the nfo, no need to export the library because ember adds everything locally not to mention when you export your library artwork is at a lower resolution/quality unless you have increased the size movie artwork is cached at first in XBMC

If you use Ember artwork can be at its original size and quality locally then you always have the option to use higher quality artwork in XBMC
X,

Thanks for the input, if not an answer.

In my case, while the number of films that I have is large, however the number of stacked films are not that many. Example: The Alien collection had 7 DVDs, so each film results in two DVDs, those then are stacked per film.

Since (for me) Disc one is usually the film, and Disc two is extras (example: AI) , getting the flags from Disk 1 to show for the stacked set would be a solution for me.

Finally... Tried Ember, and found that it didn't work well for me. Seemed overly complex during it's scan. AND, ember does not like .ISO files (which I have many).

As a lot of the developers seem to state: Why use a third party product when XBMC already does the task.

For me, finding the artwork for hard-to-find films was referencing a few different poster sites (IMP Awards, MoviePosterDB, MoviePosterShop, Movie Goods) and when that failed, Google image. (My personal pref is the actual original film release artwork, not a modified graphic which seems to be the default when XBMC does a scan.)

So, yes, it has been time consuming, but the artwork is correct (per my taste), and the watched status is good (and saved/exported via advancedsettings.xml). And... I can put up with launching all my .ISO's to get flags. (and I hope that I'll only have to do this all once)

So... The request still stands: How do I get stacked files to show media flags?

v.
* ... bump... *

Still looking for a media flags when stacked answer.

Asking the devs: Would this need to be a feature request?

I think the best way would be that IF a DVD / Movie is stacked, THEN an advancedsettings.xml option could be set to either display the media flags of the first film (on), or not to display media (off).

I don't code, so I don't know if this an involved task or not.

Please provide direction if this needs to be a feature request, or if it could be a no-brainer that can be dropped into a nightly.

Thanks,

(... and thanks for all the awesome work!!!)

v.
* ... bump... *