Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: searcing always produces "no results found"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
using the latest eden nightly and whenever i try searching my library, i get "no results found" despite having files containing the word i'm looking for. for instance, searching for "harry" shows no results found even though i have all of the harry potter movies on my computer.

now, i'm not using a local video library. i have a mysql video database setup on my server where all the video files are stored. is this the issue, and if so, is there a way to have it search and produce results?

i'm currently accessing the search dialog via the space bar, configured in my keyboard.xml as:

Code:
<space>VideoLibrary.Search</space>

so what am i doing wrong here?
Does the search work if you go to Video, press the left arrow and use the Search link in the popout pane?

JR
yes! that does work!

if i search from the homescreen, it does nothing, but the space bar will bring up the search dialog. however, if i'm browsing through my movies or tv shows, the space bar won't bring up the search box. only if i do what you suggested and use the left arrow and then select the search option from the menu will the box appear and the search function correctly. any idea what command that search link is sending because it must be different than what i'm binding to the space bar.
you can't search the library on the home screen,
you'll have to be inside the library to be able to search it.

you may want to have a look at the globalsearch addon:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109301
ronie Wrote:you can't search the library on the home screen,
you'll have to be inside the library to be able to search it.

you may want to have a look at the globalsearch addon:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109301

ok thanks. but still, when i'm browsing through my movies or tv shows and i hit the space bar to bring up the search dialog, nothing happens. the box doesn't pop up. but when i bring up the side menu and choose search from there to bring up the search box, everything works as it should. for some reason when i'm browsing through the library the VideoLibrary.Search command isn't activating the pop-up search box like it should.

so i tried binding the search dialog to a key other than the space bar and it worked.

Code:
<j>VideoLibrary.Search</j>

hitting the letter "j" when i was browsing through my tv shows brought up the search box as it should. the problem is the space bar. for some reason i can't make the space bar do it when i'm browsing through my library. it is a mystery...
you've probably added it to the 'global' section in the keymap.
space may be assigned to a different function in the 'video library' section.
success!

Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
      <space>VideoLibrary.Search</space>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

thanks very much for helping me work through this guys!