Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Remote only allows one click per button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got a hp ehome remote, works great, except when I try to use the same button twice in a row. For example, when looking at thumbnail view, i can only scroll down one video, then that down button does not work until i click another button first. The remote receiver is lighting up when I am clicking the button, but no response from XBMC.

I had a compatible remote that did everything perfectly except wake up the pc (windows 7) so I know it can be done. The hp ehome remote sleeps and wakes up the pc which is great, but the one click per button is a pain when browsing movies.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Maybe as an alternative explore Event Ghost with the mce remote plugin? i use EG to customize my remote to do everything i need, sleep/wake, update library, open/clsoe xbmc.

or xbmc MCE plugin?
What, if anything, have you done to configure the remote and are you using any helper software e.g. Eventghost?

JR
At the moment I am not using any other software to alter the remote control signaling. You mention event ghost, I know there are others, but why did the compatible remote do everything else perfectly except for power on from sleep, and is there a way I can get the best without having to use other softwares like EG.

Thanks for the replies by the way!

[edit -OK, I just found this post , hopefully that will do the job!

Thanks again]
JL
I am still having the same problem after installing the xbmc plugin.

If I click down arrow twice in a row, it only works on the first click. I have to click another button before the down arrow will work again.

I have installed xbmc MCE plugin, but no change.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Am I making a fundamental error somewhere?

Thanks
The down arrow on the remote will be seen by Windows as a keypress i.e. it's the same as pressing the down arrow on the keyboard.

If you open, for example Notepad, and open some large file, you'll find that the arrow buttons on the remote work just like the arrow keys on the keyboard. If you try this, do you still only get every second keypress working? If so there's something odd about the remote setup.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The down arrow on the remote will be seen by Windows as a keypress i.e. it's the same as pressing the down arrow on the keyboard.

If you open, for example Notepad, and open some large file, you'll find that the arrow buttons on the remote work just like the arrow keys on the keyboard. If you try this, do you still only get every second keypress working? If so there's something odd about the remote setup.

JR

Thanks JR, I used a text document in notepad to test this out. The same response from the remote, click down arrow, nothing on second click, try any other button, then the down arrow will work again, once!

I did have another remote control installed prior to this one. I imagine it is possible that some registry setting could be mashed up because of that. I will see if I can remove all previous and current devices, and see if a reinstall will work, using the HP drivers.

Thanks again
The eHome driver keeps it's settings in the registry key:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

You could try deleting this key, removing the remote from Device manager then reconnecting it.

This "every second press" problem rings a vague bell. I'm sure I've seen similar posting in this forum, but I could be getting mixed up with a similar eventghost problem.

JR
I haven't found a problem that is a replica of mine, but there have been other problems with the HP receivers. I was in that very registry key last night (or one suspiciously familiar!) looking for an entry that might be the problem. I will try a few this and a few more things later on this evening when I get time!

Thanks again JR, I'll leave a response whether there is progress or not!
For anybody interested, this seems to be the same issue I am having, but I can't test it until I get back home!

I will post the results later!
Yeah I think you are right on, I have had to delete my registry key a couple times, trying out different ehome transceivers and them changing my reg files. and like JH said, deleting that key and reconnecting the device will recreate that key, and hence probably reset that ebounce value back to the correct setting. I use a combination of XBMC's keymap and EG to pretty much do everything from sleep to wake to reboot, to updated (turn on and off tv, sleep tv, change inputs and channels on tv LG - via EG/mce ir transceiver)
This worked for me:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...9d641d47d1

Thanks for all the help!