Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to reset epg timeline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I initially had quite a few hiccups getting pvr working on my xbmc machine. When I finally got the basic functionality of the tv card working I noticed that I wasn't getting any epg data. So, I fixed that. I'm all set up and everything is wonderful. Except my EPG timeline view only shows about half of my channels. I think I prematurely pulled EPG data into XBMC before I completely had all my mappings set up and correct in MediaPortal. I remember the first time I went into the Live TV section of XBMC I had 8 channels in my timeline. I assumed that was what I should've seen due to not having my mappings set properly. However, now that everything is hunky dory, my EPG timeline is still only showing 8 channels. Is there any way to reset this by deleting a file somewhere so it can rebuild itsself?
Try deleting epg and channels database in xbmc/userdata/Databases. The file names are like EPG.db and MyTV.db. Next start of XBMC would create them again.
There is also a "Reset the EPG database" option in Live TV settings.

You can also set xbmc to not store the EPG and re-enable it when you have a working configuration.
I tried resetting the epg data using the function in settings but it never seemed to do anything. I'll try deleting the db files next.
When you reset the epg data, you have to restart xbmc.