Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: media portal addon tv server need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi triing to configure xbmc pvr for windows(margro)

Ive got latest xbmc pvr 11.05
media portal tv server xbmc plug in 1.2.1
media portal 1.2.1
i have try the standalone version and and plug in version but i remove the plug in versiion
in xbmc i cant enable mediaportal add on
here my xbmc log

09:12:25 T:3288 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
09:12:25 T:5284 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.fortherecord.argus-rtsp' LIMIT 1
09:12:25 T:5284 ERROR: CDatabase::GetSingleValue - failed to get value 'id' from table 'pvrenabled'
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver' LIMIT 1
09:12:25 T:5284 ERROR: CDatabase::GetSingleValue - failed to get value 'id' from table 'pvrenabled'
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.fortherecord.argus' LIMIT 1
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.vdr.vnsi' LIMIT 1
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.mythtv' LIMIT 1
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver-tsreader' LIMIT 1
Query: SELECT id FROM pvrenabled WHERE addonID = 'pvr.hts' LIMIT 1

What im doing wrong
OK now i remove the standalone version and put the plugin tvserver when i start media sql test ok i enabled tvserver in mediaportal server ,and start xbmc same error can not enabled pvr addon
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but you would install Team MediaPortal 1.2 (TV Server). You want to select Advanced Installation and TV Server only probably). You'll need MySQL as well, either through the TMP installation or on another machine.

Then, you install the XBMC Plugin into the Add-ons directory, restart the TV Server service and you should enable it. I turned off my firewall on my TV Server machine (private only) and it worked. I use the IP of my TV Server in the XBMC configuration pages. Couldn't get my hostname to work right at the time.

So, you need the MediaPortal application AND the XBMC plugin. AND a PVR enabled version of XBMC. The latest margo release seems to be a little more buggy. My previous use was the Dharma builds. Eden is still a work in progress. My machine running an OpenELEC PVR build is a little more stable, but still even that restarts from time to time.
Thats everything i did ,i just upgrade from the latest margro xbmc pvr build running on windows 7 and i can't enabled the media portal addon i got same error .
i run dubug tvserver.exe and telnet and it works
sql error or missig database in xbmc logHuh
remove and re-installed mysql nothing help

i can watch tv in media portal

grrrrr
dont know what to doHuh?
Thanks for any help
Delete the PVR*.db and EPG*.db files in your XBMC profile folder and try again.
Thanks for help margro
I dont have a pvr.db only epg.db
i did delete the epg.db and restart tv server and start xbmc but no chance samething
Dont know if it could be becaus my tunner is a hdhomerun dual ,but its working in media portal?
Thanks
Had similar problem with XbmcLive setup.
Deleting Addons*.db helped me.
Delete the addon*.db and epg*.db and nothing happen,same thing .Im gonna try a fresh instal of xbmc without adding my old data and see what happen
Also, try to setup TVServer to work on your regular IP, and not local host.. And port 554 I think it is. Configuration the MediaPortal Add-on in XBMC to use that IP too, not localhost or machine name either.

Turn off the firewall too, even if it's temporary.
i got it work with a fresh install,so there must be a file that i have to remove to make it work with my user profil (maybe pvr*db,that i cant find)
thank kirky and mari ,im gonna give try with my ip..
I just find it it was the file commoncache.db
errase the file and restart server in mp tv server Big Grin