Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple "music libraries" without profiles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it was possible to separate my music library into two or three different "libraries". On our XBMC we have our music hosted in three locations. One's my brother's music, another is my dad's, and one is mine.

I thought of smart playlists, but it didn't work quite right. I was doing something along the lines of adding songs to the playlist if the path contained "Dad's Music" or whatever folder name it happened to be. One of the playlists worked and only listed my music, but the other one was a combination of mine and my dad's.
It is not possible at the moment.

Several other people have suggested/asked for this, but it hasn't attracted a lot of attention.

My own solution is to use music in file mode only Sad

Using folder.jpg for covers works ok - and then I have multiple "collections"

"Classic"
"Kids"
"Wife"
"Me"
"Danish music" (I'm danish)
"Lounge music"
"Favourite music"
"All the other albums..."

It would be so cool if you could have the album view working for smart playlists. As it is - albums can NOT be specified by location, since an album consists of multiple mp3s (with possible different locations). That makes sense, but it would still be nice to be able to "group" albums into "album collections".

In conclusion: start coding or use file mode.

.p
What about using different profiles for you, your brother, and your dad? I believe you could then point to different libraries.

EDITED: Nevermind. Just read the rest of your title. You said no profiles. Smile