Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trailers, Commentary, Extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I know I can add a trailer to a movie by calling it movie-trailer.avi. Is there a similar thing for comentary, making ofs or similar extras you get from a DVD rip? Or what is the best way to add such things to the database?

Best regards
User 107776
User 107776 Wrote:Hi all

I know I can add a trailer to a movie by calling it movie-trailer.avi. Is there a similar thing for comentary, making ofs or similar extras you get from a DVD rip? Or what is the best way to add such things to the database?

Best regards
User 107776

Deano316 Did some work on that. Best ask him. I think you need to create some NFO files and add the extras as a TV Show and then link the movie to that TV Show.
Another way is to add this to a movie set.
I was trying to get this to work as well with no luck. If would be cool if you could, say, have an 'Extras' folder to put the various extras videos into. Then I suppose your skin would have to support an 'extras' button under the context menu. Just spitballin' Oo
Tried working on this a little while ago, see this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109815

It kind of works, it allows you to have easy access to your movie extras, looks and sounds good too. Although true support for extras would be nice, I think it's a long way off. I put this project on hold as I am trying to remedy a few different things at the same time. I'm not a coder, so I'm having to source assistance as I go. PM me if you have any questions.