Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A list of lists, is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guy's,

I'm working on a new home screen for my skin and I have run up against a problem that I just can't get my head around. Feel free to point and laugh (and then offer constructive suggestions). Anyway I am trying to achieve the following:-

Title1.....Title2.....Title3

List1......List2......List3

I can have my home menu look like this but I would like to move from List1 to List2 by pressing right and then press up/down to move between option in List2. Also I need to show all of the titles (and hilite the Current Title to the selected List) but only the list items of the currently selected list.

As I said I can manage this but I am currently using a horizontal list for the titles and individual vertical lists for each list and the navigation between the lists is not what I am after. At the moment to move between List1 and List2 I need to move up to the Title list from List1, move to Title2 in the list and then move down to List2. So as a bare minimum I need three key presses (instead of one) to move from List1 to List2.

Can anyone suggest how I can go about this (or if I can)? Would I have more luck with this if I used a Panel of lists instead of a List of Lists?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Looks like Quartz 1 like home page. Or am I missing something?

Anyways, not sure about list of lists, but you could put them in a grouplist.
pecinko Wrote:Looks like Quartz 1 like home page. Or am I missing something?

Anyways, not sure about list of lists, but you could put them in a grouplist.
pecinko,

Yep pretty well like that. Will go take a peek and steel (um I mean see Big Grin ) what you are doing.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Pecinko, Looks very useful, but why do you use Lists for everything except Movies and TV Shows where you are using Panels instead?
Not sureSmile It should work regardless of container type. Just don't use fixedlists or you will have to deal with vertical alignment.
wyrm Wrote:pecinko,

Yep pretty well like that. Will go take a peek and steel (um I mean see Big Grin ) what you are doing.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Pecinko, Looks very useful, but why do you use Lists for everything except Movies and TV Shows where you are using Panels instead?
Well Pecinko,

Pretty good seam of gold there mate. Some aspects of what you where doing match pretty close to what I was doing. Have cherry pick some ideas from your code and currently have about 95% of what I need. But not quite there.

In your code you have restricted yourself to only five menus, where as things stand at the moment I have 11 (five of which are on screen at any one time). Do you have any suggestions of how I get the correct Title to line up with the correct menu?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Put them in a group and slide it based on which title has focus.
..or wrap it in a group list and treat them the same way as bottom lists?
Hitcher Wrote:Put them in a group and slide it based on which title has focus.
Hitcher,
Sorry have not got back to this, have been trying a number of Pecinko's ideas which have not helped.

Are you suggesting that I I hang the menus off of the Titles group and just display the required sub menu? Really what I am after is to move directly between the submenus without navigating via the titles, so this would not be what I'm chasing.

I have also tried fading ALL of the submenus to 1% and then only display the visible titles, but it would seem that even though the title labels are not on the visible screen, they are still visible as far as XBMC is concerned, is this correct?

Could you please explain (use small words, I'm a Aussie Laugh) how I could determine which sub menu is displayed and then preform the slide. Mind you the other fly in the ointment is that some of the submenus might not be displayed as they can be removed by the user, so I could see this as a extra problem?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Success!!

After much toing and froing with pecinko I have managed to get this working. Pecinko suggested that I have a second <onleft> and <onright> tags with a Control.Move(x,{-}1) for each of my submenus and it worked a treat.

So to Hitcher and in particular Pecinko, thanks for working things thru with me.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)