Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow XBMC GUI on my new super HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Built a new system recently:

Intel 2600K
16GB of RAM
Intel 510 SSD
2 x 2TB Caviar Black
AMD 6990 (MSI)
etc...

My problem that, when I scroll the through my TV shows (banners/fanart view), the GUI is just a tad bit choppy. The same thing was also happening in Movies, but I was able to fix that by disabling useddsfanart in my advancedsettings file.

Also, XBMC takes a moment to start up and shut down. Not too long, but not as fast as I would expect given my build's specs.

Any suggestion to fix this?

EDIT: XBMC version 10.1 running Confluence, Windows 7 64
What OS?

Assuming Linux, but maybe not?
thethirdnut Wrote:What OS?

Assuming Linux, but maybe not?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
bump Smile
pr0phet Wrote:I was able to fix that by disabling useddsfanart in my advancedsettings file.

EDIT: XBMC version 10.1 running Confluence, Windows 7 64

As far as I remember DDS fanart wasn't even in Dharma. Huh
Updated to Eden today, still have the same problem Sad

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/V0fiNMy2
lots of rar errors. Try unrar'ing them.
upgraded to the beta today and the UI was unusably slow. then installed latest stable release and again unusably slow. had to use cursor keys to shutdown as mouse would me once a second
mrebus Wrote:upgraded to the beta today and the UI was unusably slow. then installed latest stable release and again unusably slow. had to use cursor keys to shutdown as mouse would me once a second

Give a debug log then
"22:06:50 T:2524 ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
22:06:50 T:2524 ERROR: Can't update the database MyVideos58 from version 25 to 58
22:06:50 T:2524 ERROR: Unable to open database MyVideos58
22:06:50 T:2524 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos58 from version 25 to 58
22:06:50 T:2524 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database"

looks like this is the problem
http://pastebin.com/59ST6e9d

new log with debug turned on
Debug is not turned on.
Still I can see that Windows is running XBMC under Vista compatibility mode, which is not a good idea.
The database errors definitely cause slowdowns in the UI.