Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Just purchased ATV2 what is the 1st step i take >?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just purchase the ATV2 and have it at home.

I've not plugged it in or switched it on.

I've never jail broken anything before and really dont want to mess it up.

I want to install XBMC on it.

What do i need to do 1st ?
NeVeREire Wrote:I just purchase the ATV2 and have it at home.

I've not plugged it in or switched it on.

I've never jail broken anything before and really dont want to mess it up.

I want to install XBMC on it.

What do i need to do 1st ?

the first step is to download seas0nPass and jailbreak it dont worry you will not mess it up once you jailbreak it you will need firecore..aTV Flash to install nito tv and that will give you xbmc
I need to check what version it is.. I think i also need to download the latest itunes.
Also when do i connect it to the router ? at the moment i've it on my desk not connected to the internet.
NeVeREire Wrote:I need to check what version it is.. I think i also need to download the latest itunes.

yes..you need to be on 4.3_8F455 to be untethered
rudawgr Wrote:yes..you need to be on 4.3_8F455 to be untethered

I've no idea what that means.

I need to buy a mini USB ! just seen
how do i check my firmware version ?
Also i dont have a Mac i've windows.
NeVeREire Wrote:how do i check my firmware version ?

go to settings, general, about

and also is the same process on mac or windows
Read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

Then this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315

Then this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

We don't do jailbreaking help beyond the Jailbreak FAQ. Both the Jailbreak FAQ and the iOS FAQ will tell you where you can get help for jailbreaking, but it should be pretty easy. Once you are jailbroken you can ask questions regarding installing XBMC on these forums.
rudawgr Wrote:the first step is to download seas0nPass and jailbreak it dont worry you will not mess it up once you jailbreak it you will need firecore..aTV Flash to install nito tv and that will give you xbmc

This is incorrect. You do not need Firecore's aTV Flash.

NeVeREire Wrote:I've no idea what that means.

I need to buy a mini USB ! just seen

You need a micro USB cable, which is different from a mini USB cable.
Ned Scott Wrote:This is incorrect. You do not need Firecore's aTV Flash.

You need a micro USB cable, which is different from a mini USB cable.

you right scott you dont if you are not a newbe...im train to make thinks easier for him
rudawgr Wrote:you right scott you dont if you are not a newbe...im train to make thinks easier for him

Firecore's aTV Flash costs $30. Our wiki install instructions are very easy to follow and are free. Firecore's media player directly conflicts with XBMC due to some issue with file sharing libraries, and you have to uninstall it for XBMC to work.
scott what that hell are you talking about?..i have firecore and i have no problem with xbmc..also with firecore you get more software, yes it cost money but is money well spend
Pages: 1 2