Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SVN can't update on latest nightly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on yesterday's nightly build of XBMC, on windows 7.

I'm trying Transparency! SVN. It wants to update, but it can't, because it says there are dependencies not met.

Anything obvious I'm doing wrong?
hmm.. how did you install T! svn?
did you use the instuction provided here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643

or did you use another way?
I have the same issue as the OP. I install the SVN from the Passion Repo.
From the repo as well.

It's a little confusing... Is there a difference between T! SVN and Transparency! SVN?
if you're using the passion repo, please read this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=628720&postcount=1

and especially, the last line:
Quote:third-party svn builds (passionxbmc.org) of Transparency! are not supported by me!
So just for clarity, T! SVN is your skin, supported by you. Transparency! SVN is compiled by passionxbmc.org, and you do not offer support?

Other than that, they are essentially the same skin? Is the passion build compiled from your google code repo? Maybe then it's just a little bit behind.

Do you know who can offer support for the passion build? Or do you recommend switching to your google codebase?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's not clear at all. Why 2 versions of the same skin, both in SVN?
vinistois Wrote:So just for clarity, T! SVN is your skin, supported by you. Transparency! SVN is compiled by passionxbmc.org, and you do not offer support?

all true :-)

vinistois Wrote:Other than that, they are essentially the same skin?
yup, exactly the same.
as far as i know the only thing they change is the name and version info in addon.xml

vinistois Wrote:Is the passion build compiled from your google code repo?
yes.
vinistois Wrote:Maybe then it's just a little bit behind.

maybe... i honestly don't know

vinistois Wrote:Do you know who can offer support for the passion build?

nope, you may want to head over to their site though:
http://passion-xbmc.org/

vinistois Wrote:Or do you recommend switching to your google codebase?
it's entirely up to you.

vinistois Wrote:Sorry for all the questions, but it's not clear at all. Why 2 versions of the same skin, both in SVN?

i'm not really sure why they are distributing Transparency! through their addon repo.
Thanks! All clear now Wink I have tons of custom settings in the passion version. I wonder if I can switch to the 'legit' version without having to do it all again.
vinistois Wrote:Thanks! All clear now Wink I have tons of custom settings in the passion version. I wonder if I can switch to the 'legit' version without having to do it all again.

i'm afraid you can't keep the settings, passion modifies the name of the skin (at least they did the last time i checked) and as a result xbmc will see them as two different skins.
ronie Wrote:i'm afraid you can't keep the settings, passion modifies the name of the skin (at least they did the last time i checked) and as a result xbmc will see them as two different skins.

you can maybe by manually opening the gui settings and change all settings to the right ID's
I'm using Transparency from the default xbmc.org repo but i'm getting the same error "dependencies not met" can't update to 4.0.4.

I'm using xbmc december 10th, wich is the most recent nightlies build.
kevenz Wrote:I'm using Transparency from the default xbmc.org repo but i'm getting the same error "dependencies not met" can't update to 4.0.4.

You should be able now i think. At least it works for me now to Smile
kevenz Wrote:I'm using Transparency from the default xbmc.org repo but i'm getting the same error "dependencies not met" can't update to 4.0.4.

yeah, i needed to update a few addons in our repo on which T! depends.

should be good to go now.
Oh well I downloaded the most recent svn from googlecode with tortoise and it worked Tongue