Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching over from Media Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been a fan of Mediaportal for years, but would like to give this a try. Since I do not use the TV service, and no mouse support for the advanced skins, perhaps XBMC would serve me better.
So here is what I'm looking for. Would XBMC do the following?
1) Do any of the more popular skins work with a mouse?
2) Can I program to use an external player like MPC-HC to play movies and videos to bitstream?
3) Is there a Jukebox plugin for Music Videos? I have a huge collection of both Music Videos and Audio files. Looking for a jukebox program that could read and playboth mkv's and flac files, create playlists, filter by genre, etc.. If not combined formats, is there something in XBMC which can tag mkv chapters and treat similar to music files?
1 is no problem in most popular skins and 2 is easy (via advancedsettings.xml).
Check out the skin Transparency! it's got excellent mouse support and a built in Jukebox and you can do the external player set-up.
Piccirilli,

I, too, used Media Portal and have switched to XBMC. So far I like it better. There are similarities but some better differences.