Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weather Underground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AFAIK, the old add-on works in Jarvis too. The official one is pretty much identical, but the add-on settings are done differently, so if you change from the original hacked "personal api" version to the new official one, it won't work until you add your api key into the new one's settings.

scott s.
(2016-03-29, 00:21)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK, the old add-on works in Jarvis too. The official one is pretty much identical, but the add-on settings are done differently, so if you change from the original hacked "personal api" version to the new official one, it won't work until you add your api key into the new one's settings.

scott s.

The same API will work with both versions though. No need to get another one if you already have one for the personal API hack.
there is a change in jarvis as to how weather icons are handled (image resource addons).
older versions of this addon are not fully compatible with kodi jarvis.
I've obtained the API, but Weather Underground does not appear in the list of available providers in the Kodi repository. What did I miss?
Hi,

could someone give me a pointer in to what has replaced this $INFO[Window.Property(MapPath)]?

TIA,

Mike.
(2016-04-02, 12:40)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

could someone give me a pointer in to what has replaced this $INFO[Window.Property(MapPath)]?

TIA,

Mike.

WU provides three different maps:
$INFO[Window.Property(Map.1.Area)]
$INFO[Window.Property(Map.2.Area)]
$INFO[Window.Property(Map.3.Area)]

all info can be found in the README.txt btw ;-)
Thanks Ronie.

Apologies, wasn't sure where the property originated to begin with. Will check the readme out.
I installed this WU add-on on my OSMC kodi 16.1-RC3 RPi2's to view WU weatherdata from my own PWS. It works; I get data from my station.
Only I wonder if the behavior in the add-on is normal. When I view the data after a refresh it shows for example a current temp of 9.8 °C but after a second or so that changed back to 9 °C.
Does the add-on show the actual current data or the daily average?
(2016-04-06, 11:43)willefg Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this WU add-on on my OSMC kodi 16.1-RC3 RPi2's to view WU weatherdata from my own PWS. It works; I get data from my station.
Only I wonder if the behavior in the add-on is normal. When I view the data after a refresh it shows for example a current temp of 9.8 °C but after a second or so that changed back to 9 °C.
Does the add-on show the actual current data or the daily average?

the addon sets the value of the current temp to 9.8 °C.
then kodi reads this value and converts it, if needed, to degrees fahrenheit.
in this process it also, incorrectly, rounds the value to 9 °C.

this is out of the hands of the addon, it's due to the way kodi processes weather values internally.
Thank you for the quick reply. Pitty that it can't be fixed.
I would love to have the actual temp in one tenths centigrade. It only seems a rounding issue. Where could I direct this question, so it could maybe be fixed in Kodi?
Thanks again.
(2016-04-06, 12:14)willefg Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the quick reply. Pitty that it can't be fixed.
I would love to have the actual temp in one tenths centigrade. It only seems a rounding issue. Where could I direct this question, so it could maybe be fixed in Kodi?
Thanks again.

not sure if it's likely to be changed, as all the weather providers only provide rounded values.
the only exception seem to be data provided by PWS's.

feel free to open a bug on http://trac.kodi.tv/ though.
Hello,

I got my free key and added it to kodi 16 and I see a big list of city's to pick from but all I get is 32F with a line though it.

What am I doing wrong?
(2016-04-10, 17:42)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I got my free key and added it to kodi 16 and I see a big list of city's to pick from but all I get is 32F with a line though it.

What am I doing wrong?

most likely you didn't read the first post of this thread.
(2016-04-10, 17:51)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

What am I doing wrong?

I did read it.
(2016-04-10, 17:58)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-10, 17:51)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

What am I doing wrong?

I did read it.

Maybe you missed the part in RED about the Debug Log.