Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gotham Alpha 7 fixes the bug where XBMC doesn't release sound to the external player.

Edit: Nevermind, it's only fixed for directsound.
Hi guys,
I've several problems with this script.

I think that not working with newest Power DVD 12 and TotalMedia Theater 6 (Frodo 12.2 on win 7)!
Is it possible?
There is someone of you that use this script (that one in the first post of this thread) with this two new players?
If yes can post those working scripts?

many thanks, I'm going mad!
hi,

thank you for these scripts, this is very useful and xbmc rocks !!!

All work fine except this detail:

i try to play iso DVD in internal with xbmc and iso bluray with tmt6

here my config:

playdisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file anywhere

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>C:\Users\zeb\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
            <forceontop>false</forceontop>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
        </player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>C:\Users\zeb\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
        <rule filename=".*iso.*|.*BDMV.*|.*mpls.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray BDMV -->
        <!--<rule filename=".*BDMV.*" player="ISO_Player"/>-->
        <!-- Bluray MKV -->
        <!--<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>-->
        <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
        <rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

to resume, i want to play all internal with xbmc, except bluray iso or bluray folder structure !!!

Thanks for your help Smile
Has anybody else the same problem in Frodo 12.2

Everytime I place the Playercorefactory.xml in XBMC userdata, the BD folder resume playback breaks down, it has taken me a while to figure out, that it was the playercorefactory.xml file that broke the bd folder resume playback.

But everytime I remove the Playercorefactory.xml the BD folder resume playback is restored.

Other *.xml files in the XBMC userdate are not affected, but even an empty palyercorefactory.xml file breaks the BD folder resume playback
Many thanks Ibasaw,
I've tested your playercorefactory.xml file and really it works well with new TMT6!

Thank you.

Now I ask to you all a little customization in the rules ...
I need DVDplayer (internal XBMC player) like default player for ALL type of files (iso, m2ts, mkv, mpls,ecc.) LESS ISO 3D Blu Ray files.
I will rename all my 3D iso files like this: avatar.3D.iso

In another thread I found this rule:
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/>
</rules>

So I want that for this kind of files the default player will be TMT6. For all other files default player DVDPlayer.

Anyway I want the additional possibility to open any type of file with TMT6 using the "open with..." option of XBMC.

Many thanks for any help.
Hello Every1. First of all, sorry for my bad english, but I need help! I tryied to install Reclock, but not solve my problem - audio pops and video freezes. Now I start to use XBMC to play any file. And found out that this program rules! But I follow the steps to put a external player for Blu rays, and I don't know where I can start! I've put playdisc, playercorefactory, but nothing happens! What I have to do after launch XBMC? I need to do something special? I'm usying TMT 6. I've to change something on these files in order to play Blu rays discs and Blu Rays Folders stored on my PC? Am I doing something wrong? Reclock spend my time for nothing, and XBMC plays my MKV's with no freezes. Now I need your help to configure XBMC to play Blu Rays, step by step, because I didn't made it by following these instructions. Thank you!
@vgtex
theses files are to put in your user appdata folder, see 1 page to see where exactly.
I have an issue with TMT6 playing mkv files. I installed the MKV hotfix for tmt5/6 but I still can't play through xbmc. I am able to launch tmt6 find the mkv file and play but I cannot associate with mkv file meaning I cannot double click the mkv file. When I double click tmt6 launches but playing nothing. The same thing happens in XBMC, when I click on a MKV movie. TMT6 launches but no movie. I figure if I fix this issue it will work through xbmc.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts...ack-hotfix

; iso mounting and playback works great with tmt6 through xbmc.
I am going crazy here; I can't send an mkv file to TMT6. Is there a bat file that I need to add to get mkv files to play correctly, does anyone see the issue?

LOG:

20:43:28 T:2456 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:43:28 T:5296 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe
20:43:28 T:5296 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (true), hidexbmc (true), islauncher (false), warpcursor ()
20:43:28 T:5296 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: D:\Movies6\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos.mkv
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: Thread CExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : D:\Movies6\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos.mkv
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}"
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Hiding XBMC window
20:43:28 T:432 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting D:\Movies6\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\extrafanart/
20:43:28 T:432 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting D:\Movies6\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\../extrafanart/
20:43:28 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "D:\Movies6\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos\into.the.abyss.2011.720p.bluray.x264-geckos.mkv"
20:43:28 T:1524 NOTICE: 1Channel: Service: Playback started
20:43:36 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
20:43:36 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
20:43:36 T:3952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing XBMC window
20:43:36 T:1524 NOTICE: 1Channel: Playback completed
20:43:36 T:1524 NOTICE: 1Channel: Playback Stopped
20:43:36 T:1524 NOTICE: 1Channel: Service: Resetting...
20:43:36 T:3940 NOTICE: Thread ILCD start, auto delete: false
20:43:39 T:3940 ERROR: CImonDisplay:Big GrinisplayPluginMessage - The Latest iMON is Not Installed or iMON Not Running.
20:44:24 T:2680 ERROR: Previous line repeats 14 times.
20:44:24 T:2680 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:44:24 T:1536 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:44:24 T:3940 ERROR: CImonDisplay:Big GrinisplayPluginMessage - The Latest iMON is Not Installed or iMON Not Running.
20:44:24 T:1536 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:44:27 T:3940 ERROR: CImonDisplay:Big GrinisplayPluginMessage - The Latest iMON is Not Installed or iMON Not Running.
I could use someone help...I'm using a very simple playercodefactory.xml to run attempt to use MPC-HC in place on the XBMC player because it does not play my hd mkv movies well.
I'm running xbmc 12.2 Frodo on a zbox idbr36d3d-u with windows 7 pro.

If I play movies outside of xbmc all movies stream just fine, no gliches what so ever. Using the internal xbmc player they just stutter and take forever to load. I copied the following playercodefactory.xml from this form and edit out the iso/bluray player lines and just left external player.

I have in the right location, userdata but it nevers starts when I pick a movie to play...always defaults to internal players. Please can someone help resolve. Thanks

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
Pretty neat!

I set it up on my laptop to try out.

I have XBMC 12.2, TMT3 and TMT5 on it.

My Bluray rips are on an unraid server.

When I select a title I get a small menu from which I can select:
Play main movie,
Select all titles,
Play Bluray menu.
Is this expected behaviour?

I have also some titles which TMT5 refuses to play. Probably someting to do with branching.
TMT3 plays it without problems though.
Is there a way to select TMT3 automatically for such titles?

Also can I return directly to XBMC without having the shutdown TMT first?
Hello Guys,

I have read through many many pages of how to run iso files with external players and I have tried many things but I still can't get it to work. I followed every single instructions but still no luck.
All I would want is XBMC to open .iso files in TMT6 and possibly reopen after I close tmt6.
Thanks for all the suggestions! Smile

Here are my files:

PlayDisc.bat

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" f:

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\spagyi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\spagyi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" f:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
Nightly as of 10/21 finally has WASAPI releasing again for external players. Gotham Alpha 9 will have it, the November cycle update.
Bluray, is use of external player fixed in 12.2?
What i want to do is:

I got TMT 6 for 3d blurays to play
i want to use it as external player inside xbmc, since it doesnt support mvc

Now i ripped my 3d blurays to 3d main movie with dvdfab 9
Dvdfab 9 also created a miniiso file to load first

Can i , by using external player, first load the miniiso
then launch tmt 6 for 3d blurayplayback, once movie is done, auto return to xbmc?

thanks in advance
Hi Guys,
some one here tested this script with new PowerDVD13?
I do and do not work.

any idea?